Senior Scientist, Drug Discovery
Founded in 2013 and based in San Diego, Arcturus Therapeutics Ltd. is a publicly traded RNA medicines company. Arcturus’s commitment to the development of novel RNA therapeutics has led to partnerships with Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc., part of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, Ultragenyx Pharmaceutical, Inc., Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited, Synthetic Genomics Inc., and Cystic Fibrosis Foundation Therapeutics Inc..
Our corporate culture is diverse, open and creative. We value collaboration and teamwork. We are looking for team members to grow with us and with a strong dedication to the highest levels of scientific excellence.
We are seeking a highly motivated, well-organized, and skilled Senior Scientist to add to our Drug Discovery team. The successful candidate will demonstrate a strong background in cell biology, assay development and high-throughput in vitro screening. He/she will be a hands-on expert in standard biochemical, cell and molecular biology techniques, and capable of in depth assay troubleshooting. The successful candidate will work within a matrix, across a portfolio of programs, providing valuable advice to team members and make significant contributions both in and out of the lab.
- Assist in managing daily activities of the in vitro Drug Discovery screening group;
- Independently and efficiently develop, execute, optimize, and troubleshoot assays;
- Develop novel and creative solutions to overcome Project goal obstacles;
- Perform advanced, complex experimental troubleshooting and methods development;
- Optimize assay sensitivity and facilitate conversion of research assays to screening format;
- Provide mentorship and training on instrumentation to research associates;
- Work closely with collaborators and CROs;
- Write up work instructions, experimental protocols, prepare reports, contribute to publications and present results at internal meetings;
- Regularly interact with team leadership on all assigned projects;
- Keep accurate inventory of supplies for laboratory operations, including cell lines banking;
- Generate proof-of-concept data for new early stage programs;
- Coordinates publication and/or patenting of findings, or is a major contributor to these processes;
- Responsible for general lab safety.
- PhD and 5+ years of relevant experience in a drug discovery environment, or MS and 8+ years of relevant experience;
- Demonstrated hands-on expertise with in vitro biochemical and cell-based assays (e.g. transfections, Western blots/WES, In-cell Westerns, qPCR, ELISA, etc.), including assay transfer, execution, troubleshooting and automation;
- Minimum 3 years of hands on mammalian cell culture experience is desired;
- Experience with RNA delivery methods (siRNA, mRNA, LNP) is desired, but not essential;
- Demonstrated ability to multitask, prioritize work and manage multiple projects concurrently;
- Ability to plan and execute experiments accurately, on time, and with minimal supervision;
- Excellent organization, time-management, record-keeping, interpersonal and communication skills are essential;
- Demonstrated ability to multitask and collaborate with scientists in a highly dynamic environment;
- Proficiency in the use of standard software including Microsoft® Excel, Word, PowerPoint, GraphPad Prism, etc..
Arcturus is committed to equal opportunity and complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.
For more information about our company, visit www.ArcturusRx.com.