Process Technician II- Night Shift
Together, We Can Solve the World’s Greatest Challenges
The solution to many of the most fundamental challenges facing the world today can be found in science. But providing for the food, energy and safety needs of a growing population will require more than science alone. It will require many people working together to devise solutions that improve the lives of people everywhere. DuPont has a rich history of scientific discovery that has enabled countless innovations and today, we’re looking for more people, in more places, to collaborate with us to make life the best it can be.
About DuPont Industrial Biosciences
DuPont Industrial Biosciences comprises an unmatched portfolio of capabilities in industrial biotechnology and biobased solutions. The unique combination of agricultural, biotechnology, chemical and material science capabilities allows DuPont Industrial Biosciences to deliver cost-effective products with superior performance and sustainability aspects to a range of industries. Bringing together the expertise from Danisco, Genencor, and DuPont has yielded a unique combination of strengths in enzyme technology, materials science, and bioprocessing. We call it Powered by DuPont™ Genencor® Science. It’s what powers the innovations to help solve some of the world’s greatest challenges.
Process Technician, Fermentation- Night Shift
Functional responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- This position will be in the small-scale fermentation lab that supports the development of our R&D projects during the grave/night shift (2200-0600.)
- As part of a team, this person will be responsible for the operation of 14L bioreactors, monitoring biological processes, and proper documentation.
- Duty includes media preparation, tank maintenance, contamination monitoring, and analytical processing to support fermentation operations.
- Participate in continuous improvement efforts to increase quality and service levels, improve process safety, efficiency, and reliability.
The following are required:
- Minimum education of Associates degree in Sciences related field OR a High School Diploma and relevant work experience.
- Experience with biological systems and aseptic techniques is a plus.
- Strong mechanical aptitude and problem-solving skills.
- Basic computer skills (experience with computer based process control systems a plus.)
- Team player with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to conduct work during grave shift (2200 - 0600), and work overtime (if required).
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
The following are preferred:
- Demonstrate strong sense of self-motivation and ability to work under minimal supervision.
- Strong leadership experience in creating change, coordinating with co-workers/teammates in meeting expectations, and improving work efficiency.
- Strong communication skills to create rapport both within and outside of immediate work team to generate smooth work flow and collaboration
- Ability prioritize and troubleshoot issues under pressure.
- Ability to learn emergent systems and cope with new environment.
Genencor is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
DowDuPont (NYSE: DWDP) is a holding company comprised of The Dow Chemical Company and DuPont with the intent to form strong, independent, publicly traded companies in agriculture, materials science and specialty products sectors that will lead their respective industries through productive, science-based innovation to meet the needs of customers and help solve global challenges. For more information, please visit us at www.dow-dupont.com.
The positions represented by this job posting are aligned to one of the three divisions, Agriculture, Materials Science or Specialty Products, which are expected to separate from DowDuPont into stand-alone public companies. Information on the division alignment will be provided during the recruitment process.