Headquartered in Tucson, Arizona, we are a provider of instruments and reagents for molecular profiling applications. Our mission is to empower precision medicine at the local level. In 2013, we commercialized our Edge instrument platform and a portfolio of RNA assays that leverage HTG’s proprietary nuclease protection chemistry. Our Edge system capabilities have been expanded to fully automate sample and targeted library preparation for next-generation sequencing. Additional information about us is available at www.htgmolecular.com.
HTG's Research and Technology team is looking for a creative and resourceful scientific leader. This group works on new technologies, assays, and instrumentation, as well as problem-solving of existing assays and techniques. The position is lab and office based.
- Lead a group of scientists to design and develop novel molecular assays.
- Plans, prioritizes, and tracks multiple projects.
- Performs a wide variety of assays and other experiments within several areas of expertise to advance HTG EdgeSeq products.
- Responsible for assessing new technologies in NGS and molecular diagnostics.
- Proposes and carries out short and long-term individual and team objectives.
- Critically reviews contributions made by team members.
- Independently contributes ideas related to all projects and contributes novel ideas to solve problems.
- Performs detailed data analysis and reports results.
- Ensures compliance with lab safety and GMP/ISO requirements
- Monitors own work to ensure high quality product and accuracy.
- PhD Genetics, Cellular and Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, or related
- 7+ years prior experience (industry or academic) in laboratory or team management.
- Previous experience managing people.
- Molecular biology laboratory experience, including next-gen sequencing, qPCR, automation instruments, and routine tasks. Pathology/Oncology experience desired.
- Strong communication skills:
- Generate, summarize, and present data and conclusions to internal and external audiences.
- Represent (propose and complete objectives) the department on a multidisciplinary team or on outside collaborations.
- Publication and collaboration experience required.
- Leadership and motivational abilities:
- Management of scientists and other lab personnel
- Organize and track multiple projects, lab maintenance, and personnel within a fast-paced environment.
- Experience with Microsoft Office at a minimum. Knowledge of statistical programs and methods, Linux, programming language(s), or next-gen sequencing analysis a definite plus.
Physical Requirements/Environment: The position is primarily sedentary but, requires the occasional need to move objects weighing up to 25 lbs. This position will include occasional travel and evening/weekend work.
Nestled at the foothills of the majestic Catalina Mountains, and ringed by 4 other mountain ranges, a young and family friendly modern metropolis, Tucson offers 276 days of sunshine, unparalleled golf, museums, historic sites and hiking trails where one can experience the wide variety of animal and plant life of the Sonoran Desert, one of the most biodiverse spots on the planet.
HTG offers competitive salaries and an attractive benefits package including 100% employer payed medical and dental benefits, long term disability and life insurance, an employee stock purchase plan, and the unique ability to work with cutting edge technological advances.
HTG is an Equal Opportunity Employer