Director of Sales
Applied StemCell Inc. (ASC) is a fast-growing biotechnology company headquartered in the San Francisco Bay area, California. Our goal is to advance gene-editing and stem cell innovation for biomedical research and gene and cell therapy. We are striving to improve and expand our technologies and product lines to bring gene and cell therapy to patients.
We pride ourselves on having an inclusive diverse workforce, with employees from all over the world that bring unique perspectives to our collaborative environment. We deeply value employee ideas and believe in fostering employee growth and development. As a start-up, we are a fast-growing, quick-paced company that provides a strong learning environment for employees to develop critical skills and industrial knowledge.
Our culture is fun, innovative and challenging! For someone to be successful at our company, we need an individual that has the initiative to drive results, can adapt to a fast-changing environment, understands the needs of teamwork, and has the communication skills to confidently share ideas and viewpoints at all different levels within the company.
Purpose: This position is responsible for representing and selling company’s products and services by maintaining and expanding key customer base in the academic, governmental and industrial segments.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Achieve regional sales revenue goal
- Identify new key account opportunities; Builds and maintains rapport with key customers
- Contribute regional sales information and recommend strategic plans and reviews; Prepare and complete action plans; Determine regional sales system improvements; Implement changes
- Supports marketing activities via hosting seminars/presentations during customer visits or through webinars; participate in shows, network activities and conferences; Track competitors; Provide market feedback to internal teams
- Support and motivate team members to reach the department goals.
- Understand company’s IP landscape; Drive business development process with bio pharmaceutical companies for companion diagnostic and R&D collaborations, and related enabling collaborations. Develop licensing out opportunities aligned with company’s direction.
- 5+ years of sales and business development experience in Life Sciences industry or equivalent
- Strong connections in biotechnological and pharmaceutical companies
- M.S. or Ph.D. in life science major preferred
- Strong knowledge in molecular biology, cell biology and animal science; Experience with gene editing is an additional plus.
- Highly self-motivated and capable of managing sales pipeline to reach the sales goal.
- Ability to travel up to 30%
Applied StemCell is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.