Senior Accountant, Project Management
Applied Genetic Technologies Corporation (AGTC) is a clinical stage biotechnology company dedicated to developing novel gene therapies across a wide variety of indications. In coordination with the CFO and Controller, the Senior Accountant, Project Management facilitates the accurate and timely reporting of AGTC’s contract accrual and manages the ongoing forecasting of the entire process. The Senior Accountant, PM promotes a supportive, teamwork oriented environment and fulfills departmental responsibilities with the long-range plan, mission, vision and values of AGTC.
- The Senior Accountant, Project Management will report directly to the Corporate Controller.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversees financial reporting and provides financial support for project management and contract monitors.
- Develops long and short-term objectives to carry the organization through each accounting cycle in alignment with established policies and strategic plans.
- Analyzes information and options by developing spreadsheet reports and verifying information.
- Answers accounting and financial questions related to vendor accruals by researching and interpreting data.
- Provides support to project management in completing contract accrual forecasting and managing process for completing contract trackers. Ensures General Ledger is correct regarding contract accrual.
- Protects organization's values by keeping information confidential.
- Accomplishes the finance & accounting and organization mission by completing other projects as required.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Business, Accounting, or Economics.
- 5 to 7 years of Accounting / Finance experience required, life sciences experience highly preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (primarily Excel) and others as required.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage well through ambiguity and complexity.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills as well as the ability to influence others through teamwork and cooperation by applying modern theories of effective leadership, management and negotiation.
- Assess risk using financial, statistical and economic data and create manageable solutions.
- Ability to execute and follow-through to completion and develop appropriate documentation to support external inquiries.
AGTC offers a competitive compensation commensurate with education and experience, including salary, benefits, and company equity. AGTC is an EOE and maintains a drug-free workplace. Please submit CV or resume.