Senior Technology Engineer
AbbVie Operations Business Insights (OBI) enables the use of data and analytics to drive world-class innovation, performance and agility in Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Quality and Purchasing at AbbVie. AbbVie OBI is looking for a technical architect to design and implement innovative technologies to the advance analytic capability of Operations.
Key responsibilities include:
- Research into new data engineering and analytics technologies for Operations.
- Identification of new analytics applications within Operations.
- Hands-on prototyping and proof-of-concept development.
- Development of technical white-papers and executive presentations.
- Development of technical road-maps.
- Orchestration of new technology adoption and scale-ups within OBI.
- Advanced technical troubleshooting.
- Bachelor's Degree or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Innovative thinking and the ability to leverage past education and experience to be successful in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Interest in technology trends and application of technology to improve end user's experience.
- Proven track record of effective leadership and positive results.
- Ability to self-manage time and priorities.
- Strong analysis and analytical skills.
Preferred Technical Experience/Expertise:
- SQL and databases such as Hive, Hbase, Teradata and Oracle
- Cloudera or other Hadoop Distributions
- Data modeling
- Reporting Tools like Qlik, Cognos, Tableau or statistical tools like R
- Cloud and on-premise hosted applications
- Application programming in Python, Scala, Java, .Net, AngularJS and/or with ETL Tools like Informatica
- Mobile, Streaming, Block-Chain, IoT
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled