2019 Commercial MBA Internship
AbbVie is a global, research and development-based biopharmaceutical company committed to developing innovative advanced therapies for some of the world's most complex and critical conditions. The company's mission is to use its expertise, dedicated people and unique approach to innovation to markedly improve treatments across four primary therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, virology and neuroscience. In more than 75 countries, AbbVie employees are working every day to advance health solutions for people around the world. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn.
As a Commercial intern, you'll participate in a paid, ten to twelve-week summer program, working on meaningful assignments that have a real impact on our business and patients worldwide. You'll join a team working on Marketing or Managed Care, combining technical knowledge, analytical strength, and creative problem solving.
AbbVie's worldwide business offers you an opportunity to work in a variety of fields. All internship assignments are different and based on business need; however, below are some examples of past intern projects:
- Experience a product launch by developing relationships, producing tools to help strengthen care model in anticipation of launch. Sync Drug to Drug Interaction Website with Mobile Apps. Map lab testing data into Care Model.
- Work with an Oncology pipeline product and make recommendations on a sales forecast. Develop a process to link Global forecasts to the US affiliate. Recommend strategies that will drive incremental business for the Oncology brand team.
- Play a role with the world's top grossing prescription, Humira. Provide perspective to the size and scope of the commercial opportunity along the patient journeys. Assess trade-offs for commercial focus for 2015 tactical planning considering the commercial opportunity.
Interns will be located at our corporate headquarters in north suburban Chicago. Throughout the summer there are planned development and networking activities, along with AbbVie-sponsored housing and shuttle services for eligible students.
- Applicants must be currently enrolled in an accredited MBA program, preferably with an emphasis ion marketing or general management
- Strong academic performance, minimum cumulative GPA = 3.0/4.0
- Must be enrolled in an accredited MBA program the semester following your internship
- Eligible to work in the U.S. on a permanent basis without requiring sponsorship
- Willing to travel up to 15% during internship (US based)
- Demonstrated leadership potential
- 3-5 years of prior work experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
AbbVie strongly considers high performing interns as candidates for their Commercial Leader Program (CLP) after they graduate. AbbVie's (CLP) is a 4 year rotational program with three separate work assignments. The rotations are carried out in a variety of functional areas such as: Sales, Product Marketing and Managed Healthcare. The goal of the program is to identify and develop AbbVie's future Commercial leaders. If you are interested and want more information, visit abbviecareers.com.
Recruitment ProcessWe participate in several on-campus events (such as, information sessions, career fairs and conduct interviews while on campus). Interested candidates, please check the career services schedules at your school for the recruiting event schedule. AbbVie also posts our Commercial Leader Program Internship and CLP positions on our career website. If your school isn't listed, please visit www.abbviecareers.com.