Manager, Strategic Resourcing
Describe the primary goals, objectives or functions or outputs of this position.
Present key information to senior management. Assist senior management with the strategic design and tactical execution of Operations activities. Ensure function operates within the current Plan/Update budget. Raise issues and opportunities as appropriate. Identify, plan and implement activities and projects to achieve departmental strategies, goals, and objectives. Identify and lead efforts designed to support the development of individuals, organization and culture.
Key Responsibilities Includes:
- Manage Plan and actual HC tracking for Site Management and Monitoring, representing 600 people in 50 countries. Work with country managers to identify appropriate resources and potential gaps.
- Create and maintain Resource Models and adapt them per country worldwide
- Provide monthly FTE forecast. Ensure HC is allocated based on current Clinical Trials demand. Work closely with country managers and regional leads to identify and address any potential resource gaps.
- Assess workload and headcount needs based on study timelines and complexity of study and site issues. Analyzes the impact of development strategy changes with respect to timeline and resource needs; communicates impact to upper management
- Responsible for resource management software. Includes administration of Quantum, training new employees on the system, and ensuring current and accurate and data is entered into Quantum. Provide support to address issues in Quantum
- Analyze the data in Quantum for Resource Management and Work in partnership with clinical teams, functional areas, and AbbVie Affiliates, worldwide to resolve critical and complex financial resource issues. Ensure corrective action is implemented as appropriate.
- Work closely with Finance to provide LBE accurately to manage HC and associated budget. Provide additional reports as needed by Finance. Assist with Pharm Dev Plan/Update process
- Anticipate and identify issues that could affect timelines and work to develop alternative solutions by overseeing the clinical trial budgetary or resource forecasting and analyses utilizing multiple forecasting and reporting systems including: Quantum, PBR, eR/OSS, IMPACT, GrantPlan, and various modeling software. Creates contingency plans accordingly, and communicates plans to senior management
- Provide input to senior management on long-range resource planning and budgeting to meet departmental and project needs. LRP overview to align with geostrategy.
- Initiative Support and Strategic Project Management: Provide strategic insight and project management for identification, conduct and implementation of functional initiatives. Drive Projects to achieve Pharmaceutical Development Strategy, Mission and Vision. Build the AbbVie culture
- Bachelor/Master of Science (BSc/MSc), or PhD in Science of Business-related Field BSc with 7+ yrs MSc with 6+ yrs Ph.D. with 4+ yrs
- Team, drug development, or project management related experience. Knowledge of project management practices, portfolio review, finance, and budgeting. General experience working on, or leading projects. Experience supporting clinical research/drug development and/or regulatory/pharmacovigilance/compliance department operations.
- Familiar with how organizations work, formal channels and informal networks, key policies, procedures, and the organization's culture. Ability to builds and manage relationships with manager and group members. Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Clinical Operations Directors and Vice Presidents. Country Heads and Clinical teams Finance
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled