Business System Consultant - PPM
Proactively seeks out strategic business opportunities with business leaders in the R&D Development Organization. Provides advice, assistance and leadership in any area associated with the planning, procurement, provision, delivery, management, maintenance and effective business use of information systems. Analyzes business processes; elicits, analyzes and documents business requirements; identifies alternative solutions, assesses feasibility and makes recommendations typically seeking to exploit and leverage new or existing IT technology components. Translates business requirements into functional requirements; performs data and process modeling; manages change; and leads, coordinates/performs testing, verification, and validation of requirements. Works with the area Business Relationship Manager and Portfolio Manager to drive solutions across the business environment.
Key Responsibilities Include:
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Works directly with business unit clients to understand specific business processes, business drivers, and business strategy; identifies needs and champions opportunities for business process improvement that can be enabled via technology;
- Investigates and develops a deep knowledge of the capabilities of existing systems and technologies in use across the business area and in similar and interconnected business areas in AbbVie, and investigates technologies applied to this business area in the industry; identifies information required to support the business strategy and leads the development of appropriate information management strategies, developing them as an integrated part of the business strategy.
- Identifies current and emerging business needs and evaluates alternative IT and business process solutions. Proactively seeks out strategic business opportunities for the application of new or existing IT capabilities, with business unit leaders providing key input to comprehensive strategic analyses. Recommends approaches to achieve process improvement objectives.
- Develops, leads, or reviews the creation of information systems strategy to support the strategic requirements of the business area. Identifies the business benefits of alternative strategies. Ensures consistency between business strategies and technology directions. May prepare testing plans to confirm that requirements and system design are accurate and complete. Conducts or organizes training.
- Understands new technology trends and identifies creative ways to incorporate them into the strategic plan for the business area.
- Develops business relationships and integrates activities with other IT resources to ensure successful implementation and support of project efforts. Manages relationships between clients involved and IT organizations to assure effective communication between the groups. Brokers services within IT community on behalf of customers; coordinates portfolio of solutions, and identifies interdependencies.
- Allies with other IT functional areas to remain current on project status, and informs business of progress; conversely, keeps IT managers aware of user issues and resolves conflicts. Identifies the impact of any relevant statutory, internal or external regulations on the organization's use of information.
- Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies and procedures.
- Has defined authority and responsibility for a significant area of work, including technical, financial and quality aspects. Establishes organizational objectives and delegates assignments. Accountable for actions and decisions taken by self and subordinates.
- Accountable for the accuracy of the fit of the proposed business process improvements and the technical solution to the business needs, and for the information upon which the business justification and prioritization decisions are made. Also accountable for communicating the business need and drivers to development groups, to assure the implemented solution can fulfill the business need.
- Bachelor's degree or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- 7-10 years of related work experience.
- Minimum 3+ years of experience in business systems analysis and/or project management.
- High degree of business & technology acumen
- Excellent relationship management, communication, and presentation skills.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills. Able to relate to a wide range of technical staff, business teams, managers, and 3rd party service providers.
- Knowledge of terminology, processes, practices, and procedures in the healthcare industry and in drug process development.
- Software development lifecycle experience including requirements definition and analysis, software design, development/coding, and documentation.