1798 Consultants is a rapidly growing strategic market access agency for the life science industry. We offer market leading solutions focused on areas such as market access strategy, financial impact analysis, training, and patient support program design, all complemented by a full suite of creative capabilities. Whether we are working with Fortune 500 organizations or startup companies working to launch their first therapeutic product, 1798 Consultants strives to create value for our customers by informing and empowering them in a way that allows them to increase their net profits and optimizing their resources by organizing complex information into easily and rapidly implementable terms and tactics.
The Project Manager is responsible for the management and timely execution of client engagements. Working closely in conjunction with the Project Leads for each project, the Project Manager will provide organization, structure, and direction to projects through strategic planning, resource forecasting, budget management, accurate task tracking, precise communication, consistent follow up, driving adherence to project timelines, and contract compliance oversight. Attention to detail, time management, and thorough and professional written and verbal communication up skills are essential to success in this position.
Additional responsibilities of the Project Manager include working with 1798 Consultants executive leadership to ensure adherence to company branding and style, utilization of company resources, contractors, and vendors to maximize project profitability, and maintain compliance with company policies across all organizational activities. It is expected that this position will require minimal supervision and will demonstrate the ability to work with the Project Lead to accurately forecast project requirements and development of a project execution plan to deliver on project requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage a team of resources to ensure timely execution of client engagements
- Develop detailed project plans, in conjunction with Project Lead, and manage the budget for each project to achieve profit targets
- Demonstrate understanding of contracted project requirements and manage project to profitable compliance with objectives
- Utilize project and document management system to ensure information access and collaboration across project team
- Perform Quality Control check on all outgoing documents and maintain adherence to company branding, style, and performance metrics
- Cultivate relationships with clients and a robust understanding of client needs and appropriately prioritize client requests according to urgency and importance
- Provide guidance to project team on research and client-related issues
- Anticipate issues that may arise in the creation of client deliverables and develop appropriate contingency plans to ensure timely, profitable delivery of quality products to the client
- Solve complex problems in a timely manner with minimal management oversight
Requirements and Experience
- Three or more years’ experience in a project management or client relations role
- Experience working in the pharmaceutical, medical device industries, or healthcare industries is preferred
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and manage workload and meet project deadlines
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and management skills are required
- Risk identification and issue management
- Responsibility for profit & loss of discrete projects and successful execution over time
- Must enjoy working in demanding environment as a key member of a dynamic, team-based organization
- Competent with suite of Microsoft Office products
- Advanced degree is preferred, BS/BA four-year degree required
Physical Demands and Work Environment The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit; use hands to finger, handle, feel objects, and type on keyboard; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work environment: The noise level in the work environment is usually minimal.