Strategic Product Innovation Engineer
Specific responsibilities include:
- Partner with internal teams within Commercial, Clinical, Regulatory, Product Development organization to help define product strategy.
- Support the development of a strong external and internal customer, patient and key opinion leader network.
- Work with internal Product Development teams to conduct technology landscape assessments.
- Develop and manage an efficient and sustainable Technology and Innovation database which will be leveraged to capture, assess and prioritize technology assessments and track innovation programs.
- Identify strategic external partnerships for technology development.
- Work closely with product development and device teams throughout the product development process to help define key attributes and design inputs relating to customers and patients.
- Leverages STEM and clinical/patient/user/business/analytics input to strategically translate it into program-specific requirements.
- Influence design of and leverage patient/user insights from clinical trials to gain early input toward commercial product presentations for initial launch and life cycle management.
- BS-MS degree in a biosciences or engineering (mechanical, biomedical, chemical) discipline with 1-3 years of experience working in the early innovation and technology development space. Candidates with advanced degree and less years of experience will also be considered.
- MS degree in a business management field specializing in innovation and technology with 1-3 years of experience will also be considered.
- Good understanding of design thinking approach used as part of the early technology and concept development.
- Technical knowledge and understanding in one of the following areas is preferred: (1) Drug delivery device technologies, (2) drug product development and delivery, (3) customers, market and the competitive environment, or (4) data sciences and digital interfaces.
- Understanding of methodologies used to capture industry trends, market dynamics, and the current and future state of the art .
- Experience working within a matrix organization, leading and influencing cross-functionally.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with experience communicating project plans and recommendations to matrix teams and senior leaders.