High-Throughput Screening Research Associate Tuesday-Saturday
What you will do:
As a member of a close High Throughput Screening team,
- You will be supporting our numerous projects and be an integral part in scaling up for future upcoming projects
- Will be responsible for processing primary samples and preparing them for our automated high-throughput screens
- Be comfortable with operating our cutting-edge automated screening system and software
- Be expected to perform all routine lab maintenance operations
- Preparation of standard reagents and media
- Provide excellent support and work collaboratively with our Discovery and Assay Development team
- Will work from Tuesday-Saturday
- BS/MS in cell biology, bioengineering, or related field; 6 months of general lab experience
- You MUST possess grit and a willingness to hustle
- Possess excellent aseptic and cell culture techniques
- Prior experience with primary cell cultures or cell-based assays
- Excellent attention to detail, time management, and documentation
- Self-motivated; ability to prioritize tasks; possess critical thinking skills; patience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong ability to work in a team environment; possess an extraordinary amount of patience
Skills that are a PLUS:
Prior experience in cancer immunology
Experience in multi-color flow cytometry and data analysis
Prior experience with liquid handling instruments and familiarity with lab automation equipment
What We Can Offer You:
- The opportunity to directly fight cancer, one patient at a time
- Exposure to experts from diverse backgrounds ranging from engineering, data science, operations, clinical medicine, patient advocacy, and beyond
- Work in a collaborative environment with a team dedicated to both personal and scientific growth and development
- Highly competitive, early-stage company compensation package, with incredible growth opportunities
- … did we mention daily catered lunch?
More about us:
Notable Labs is a precision medicine company that has a translational drug discovery platform focused on identifying therapeutic options for relapsed and refractory cancer patients.
Our clinical research lab helps oncologists identify personalized combinations of existing FDA-approved treatments for patients. We’ve developed a high throughput robotic flow cytometry lab platform that screens thousands of FDA-approved drug combinations against the patient’s own cancer cells to help predict safer and more effective cancer treatments. Our lab has completed initial feasibility studies with clinicians in relapsed Acute Myeloid Leukemia & Myelodysplastic Syndrome, with an 84% predictive rate. Focusing on individual patients and existing treatments, we’re working to discover novel uses of drugs and defining mechanisms underlying cancer progression and drug resistance.
Our research and development platform extends our clinical research to drug discovery, testing novel compounds with primary patient samples for pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies. Using our automated, high-throughput, multi-parametric drug screening research platform, industry partners can assay the biological impact of novel compounds on primary cells in a physiologically relevant environment. This helps our partners stratify patients by their predicted responsiveness, increasing the probability of successful clinical development. We are actively partnering with pharmaceutical companies that have preclinical and clinical stage drug pipelines in Acute Myeloid Leukemia, Myelodysplastic Syndrome, or related hematological malignancies to profile experimental drug activity in patient samples.
Our investors include Builders Venture Capital, Founders Fund, First Round Capital, Y Combinator, several prominent angels and seed-stage funds, and Accelerate Brain Cancer Cure, a venture philanthropy firm founded by Steve Case. We have offices and a laboratory in Foster City, CA.
At Notable Labs, we value diversity and are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.