Scientist I/II, Medicinal Chemistry
REVOLUTION Medicines discovers and develops new drugs that translate frontier cancer targets through exceptional drug discovery delivering revolutionary medicines on behalf of cancer patients. Our innovative science draws inspiration from nature and evolution, which offer insights into cancer targets, disease mechanisms and therapeutic approaches. As a new member of the RevMed team, you will join other outstanding scientists who are helping lead our efforts in the discovery and development of new medicines for unmet needs in cancer.
- As a key member of the Chemistry team, you will make significant contributions by:
- Leading from the bench ensuring delivery of high quality compound design and synthesis execution.
- Solving complex scientific challenges when working with novel small molecules.
- Analyzing project data and communicate findings and recommendations to a variety of stakeholders.
- Substantially contributing to the conception and implementation of innovative, interdisciplinary research projects.
- Being a partner in the scientific activities of other outstanding medical chemists in the department and help create an environment where wechannel scientific curiosity to build and deliver a sustainable portfolio.
- Representing Revolution Medicines with external organizations and help build our scientific reputation through a variety of external disclosures.
- Enhancing our operational efficiency & flexibility through continuous improvement activities and implementation of best practice.
- Demonstrating commitment to the RevMed chemistry department vision to ensure we are acknowledged both internally and externally as a world-class chemistry team focussed on frontier cancer targets.
- Being instrumental in the successfully delivery of a range of anti-cancer Drug Candidates.
Required Experience, Skills, and Education:
- Ph.D. degree in chemistry with deep understanding of organic and synthetic chemistry, and associated analytical and purification techniques.
- Postdoctoral experience and/or 2+ years of drug discovery experience preferred alongside a strong track record of scientific innovation.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to work with interdepartmental teams.
- Innovative team-player with high energy for our fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and achieve research goals as part of an interdisciplinary team.