Benitec Biopharma is currently seeking a highly motivated and dynamic candidate to fill a Research Associate position in the R&D group. Benitec is a rapidly growing biotech company located in the Britannia Point Eden Business Park in Hayward, CA with convenient access in the bay area as it is located just off of the San Mateo Bridge. Benitec is focused on the development of novel human therapeutics based upon RNA interference (RNAi). More information about the company can be found at "http://www.benitec.com"
- Under the guidance of scientific staff: design and execute cell based assays, qPCR analysis, ELISA, Western blotting, molecular cloning and microscopy.
- Process samples from animal experiments and clinical studies for DNA/RNA isolation and protein extraction.
- Provide technical support on a wide range of laboratory projects.
- Maintain a clear and detailed laboratory notebook
- Write protocols, technical reports, and analyze/summarize data.
- BS or MS degree in Cell and Molecular Biology, or a similar discipline with 3+ years of relevant industrial experience.
- Significant experience in mammalian cell culture and cell-based assays is required.
- Extensive experience and precision technique in high throughput real time qPCR assays.
- Basic laboratory techniques including DNA and RNA isolation, agarose gel electrophoresis, ELISA and Western blotting.
- Familiarity with working with research grade virus such as adenovirus or AAV under BSL2 conditions is preferred.
- Experience of working with human samples/clinical samples is a plus.
- Ability to design, execute and troubleshoot experiments independently or with proactive discussion with senior group members.
- Ability to manage multiple competing tasks and prioritize workload.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to interact with all levels of management and scientific personnel.
Position may at times require the employee to work with or be in areas where hazardous materials and/or exposure to chemicals, blood, body fluid or tissues and risk of exposure to contagious diseases and infections.
A dynamic and highly collaborative working environment
Comprehensive benefit package available, including health, dental, vision, and 401K.
Job title and compensation will be based on candidate experience.
How to Apply:
Please send applications to firstname.lastname@example.org and mention job code Benitec_RO_1018 in the subject line of your application. Please do not contact directly about the progress of your application.