TriLink Biotechnologies is seeking a Scientist or Staff Scientist to join our team. TriLink is a leader in the areas of oligonucleotide and messenger RNA manufacturing and is at the forefront of exciting new therapeutic areas such as gene editing, gene replacement and self-amplifying vaccines. The ideal candidate will have at least 5 years of prior molecular biology lab experience and/or chromatography experience and be able to design and execute experiments and interpret data independently. The ideal candidate will be, well organized, able to work both independently and with a team and able and meet project timelines.
- Development and implementation of new processes and process improvements.
- Prepare for experiments by reviewing schedule; studying and clarifying specifications; calculating requirements; assembling materials and supplies
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment.
- Able to follow current good manufacturing practices (cGMP), and standard operating procedures
- Present data to group and participate in analytical discussions
- Document research by completing forms, reports, logs, and records of equipment and batches
- Update job knowledge by participating in training opportunities
- A Bachelor of Science or advanced degree in a scientific field, preferably in molecular biology or chemistry
- At least 5 years of relevant laboratory experience, preferred at least 1-2 years’ experience in a biotechnology setting.
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Results driven self-starter.
- Strong problem-solving skills and analytical skills applied to investigations.
- Self-motivated and able to organize and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Preferred experience: Strong chromatographic method development skills, Nucleic acid purification techniques, RNA handling using RNase free technique, Enzymatic reactions
- Other relevant experience: PCR and Real Time PCR, Gel electrophoresis, UV Spectrophotometry, Western Blot, ELISA, Mammalian cell culture
TriLink Biotechnologies is a rapidly growing biotech firm in San Diego, CA that offers competitive wages and a full benefit package including medical, dental, vision, LTD, and a retirement plan.
TriLink is an EEO Employer.