Temp Research Associate/ Sr. Research Associate, Tumor Immunology
Atreca is an early stage biotechnology company, located in Redwood City, California, whose Immune Repertoire Capture™ technology enables the discovery and development of better therapeutics, vaccines, diagnostics, and research reagents. Atreca is looking for talented, entrepreneurial people who would like to be part of a progressive team and see their work have a positive impact on human health. This is a unique opportunity for a highly motivated individual to become a key member of a growing biotechnology company.
In this position, the successful candidate will apply her/his skills and expertise to support Atreca’s oncology team in in vitro antibody validation. In particular, the successful candidate will functionally analyze antibodies generated with our unique technology for anti-tumor efficacy. The position will be embedded in a very dynamic and motivated team dedicated to the discovery of novel, antibody-based cancer therapies.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and apply cell-based functional assays to assess anti-tumor efficacy of antibodies
- Analyze and organize data in a high throughput setting
- Bachelor’s with 1-2 years of experience or Master’s degree in Immunology, Oncology, Cell Biology or a related field
- Absolutely Required: Experience and skill in biochemical and cell-based functional assay systems, Culture and maintenance of mammalian cells in vitro
- Preferred: Experience working in industry; experience with ADCC/ADCP/CDC assays; expertise in multiparameter flow cytometry
- Experience with automated liquid handling devices is a plus
- Must have excellent organization, planning skills, and the ability to work under timeline in a fast-paced environment.
- Expertise in assay development for drug discovery desired
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
PHYSICAL POSITION REQUIREMENTS
- Sitting, standing, walking