- Applies modern reliability engineering principles, statistical analysis, and proactive maintenance techniques in order to maximize the value of the site maintenance program.
- Monitors the performance of both personnel and equipment through industry-standard key performance indicators (KPIs) to ensure the effectiveness of site maintenance practices.
- Generate and present key findings to maintenance and operations personnel.
- Applies predictive and/or proactive techniques (such as condition-based monitoring) and reliability-centered maintenance (RCM) tools to improve equipment reliability and intercept potential issues prior to failure.
- Perform failure modes and effect analysis (FMEA) to justify or remove preventive and predictive maintenance practices.
- Perform or facilitate formal root cause analysis (RCA) to assist with investigation and prevention of system failures.
- Develops and adapts corrective/preventive maintenance procedures as justified by system performance.
- Analyze maintenance data to identify trends, prioritize reliability investments, and recommend changes to maintenance/operations practices or equipment.
- Translate reliability opportunities into verifiable savings.
- Seek opportunities to control costs and enhance productivity through PM optimization, stockroom inventory adjustment, and workload leveling.
- Work with other F&E functions on various engineering initiatives, providing input on system maintainability and determining appropriate maintenance practices.
- Participates in the development of design and installation specifications along with commissioning plans for new projects. Participates in the development of criteria to evaluate equipment, spare parts and preventive maintenance. Develops acceptance tests and inspection criteria as needed.
- Interface with our outsourced facility counterparts to ensure that shared objectives are achieved and that resources are applied appropriately.
- May support quality investigations related to maintenance practice or equipment failure and develops appropriate corrective actions.
- May provide subject matter expertise to support regulatory inspections and internal audits.
- Interface with network counterparts at other sites in support of corporate maintenance harmonization efforts
Specific Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, etc:
- In-depth knowledge of modern reliability practices, predictive maintenance, and condition monitoring (including vibration analysis, ultrasound analysis, infrared thermography, lubrication management, and alignment).
- Solid communication and facilitation skills, including experience conducting FMEA and RCA.
- Familiarity with reliability best practices and industry-standard maintenance performance indicators is required.
- Experience working in an outsourced facility maintenance environment and knowledge of pharmaceutical regulations are preferred.
- Extensive familiarity with CMMS systems such as IBM Maximo.
- Experience applying lean/six-sigma to maintenance systems is strongly desired.
- Bachelors Degree in Mechanical, Chemical, or Industrial Engineering with at least five (5) years of maintenance and reliability experience, preferably in a GMP manufacturing environment.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
- Office-based position which requires appropriate levels of personal protective equipment (PPE) if field work is required.
- Frequent repeated motions such as keyboarding is required.
- Position is based indoors and you will primarily be working with others, but also independently and alone at times.
- This position requires up to 5% of travel.