Senior Scientist, Bioanalytical
More than 30,000 Takeda employees working in more than 70 countries are committed to improving quality of life for patients, who remain at the center of everything we do. Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited is a global, research and development-driven organization working internally and with external partners to translate science into life-changing medicines. Takeda focuses on the core therapeutic areas of oncology, gastroenterology, neuroscience and providing vaccines that address the most important infectious diseases. Novel products, especially in oncology and gastroenterology, as well as our presence in emerging markets, fuel our growth.
Takeda Pharmaceuticals U.S.A., Inc. ranks among the top 15 pharmaceutical companies in the United States. Our larger U.S. offices are in Cambridge, MA, Deerfield, IL, and San Diego, CA. Research & Development employees in our Cambridge location focus on oncology, gastroenterology, immunomodulation, biologics, translational research, and external innovation. In March 2016, we opened our newest space at 300 Massachusetts Avenue, featuring 230,000 square feet of state-of-the-art office and lab space.
While Takeda is enjoying tremendous growth as an emerging global leader in the pharmaceutical industry, we remain ever mindful of our commitment to serve people worldwide by striving toward better health through leading innovation in medicine. In short, we are a passionate team doing important work that impacts patients’ lives. If you are driven to create better health and a brighter future, join us!
Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Senior Scientist in our Bioanalytical group within our Global DMPK department located in Cambridge, MA.
Here, everyone matters, and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As a Senior Scientist of the Bioanalytical group, you will be empowered to conduct PK/CK, PD, immunogenicity, and biomarker assay development, optimization and troubleshooting. You will have the opportunity to expose and contribute to the discovery and development of a broad range of novel therapeutic modalities (e.g., humabodies, multispecifics, immune-oncology, new generation CAR-T, etc.)
The desired candidate is expected to be a highly innovative and motivated PhD scientist with profound technical expertise to support the diverse therapeutics development and hold themselves to a high bar in terms of results, self-motivation, resiliency, and applying learning to stretch and grow as a professional.
- Independently design, develop, troubleshoot, and qualify PK/CK, PD, ADA, and biomarker assays using ELISA, MSD, Gyros, Simoa, qPCR, FAC, or other immunoassay platforms to support nonclinical studies.
- Oversee and conduct sample analysis, review and deliver data to the project team.
- Stay current with the latest bioanalytical methods and technologies, current GLP regulation, regulatory guidance and expectations, and industry’s best practices.
- Adopt and/or develop new technologies and platforms to address bioanalytical challenges and needs.
- Participate and present results in departmental and cross-functional project team meetings.
- Provide guidance and mentoring to junior lab members with experimental design, troubleshooting, and data interoperating.
- Act as Bioanalytical and/or DMPK representative for discovery/development projects.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- PhD in Biochemistry, Cell biology, Oncology, Immunology, or other related field with a minimum of 3-5 years relevant industry research experience and a strong publication record.
- In-depth knowledge and hands-on experience in assay development and troubleshooting using ELISA, multiplexed immunoassays, qPCR, flow cytometry, cell-based methods, as well as novel platforms for different drug modalities.
- Excellent communication, collaboration, and organization skills
- The ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic team environment, managing multiple projects with a high emphasis on quality and timelines, overcoming challenges, developing, and implementing effective strategies are essential.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.