Proposal Development Manager
The Proposal Development Manager will be responsible for:
· Writing detailed technical proposals in response to client RFPs requesting services for process development and GMP manufacturing of biotherapeutics.
· Working with business development, scientific staff, and program management teams to establish proposal concept.
· Identifying and clarifying RFP deliverables for the preparation of clear and technically detailed proposals which highlight specific client requirements.
· Developing proposals by assembling information, including project nature, tasks, objectives, outcomes, deliverables, implementation, methods, timetables, and budget.
· Writing, revising and editing proposal drafts, including executive summaries, key assumptions, scope of work, deliverables, timelines, pricing, and organizational credentials.
· Maintaining quality results with the use of templates and follow proposal writing standards, including readability, consistency and tone.
· Meeting proposal deadlines by establishing priorities and target dates for information gathering, writing, review and approval.
· Reviewing and editing draft proposals with key subject area experts, project managers, and business development leads prior to submittal for approval.
· Obtaining approvals by reviewing proposals with Senior Management.
· Reviewing client RFP’s and participating in client teleconferences to identify and clarify scope of work and deliverables for the preparation of clear and technically detailed proposals.
· Supporting business development team leaders in preparing for client on-site meetings. Participating in client on-site meetings as needed.
· Handling other essential duties as assigned.
· Minimum requirement is a Bachelor’s of Science with a minimum of 8 years of scientific or biotechnology experience; or a Master’s of Science degree with a minimum of 5 years of scientific or biotechnology experience; or a Doctorate degree in a scientific or biotechnology area (or equivalent) and at least 1 years related experience.
· Also requires a demonstrated track record in the following key areas:
· Proven scientific writing skills with the ability to develop, review and evaluate the content of scientific documentation and collaborate with technical staff to meet agreed upon deadlines.
· Previous experience with proposal or RFP writing a plus.
· Ability to work within cross-functional teams to fulfill client needs and expectations.
· Ability to multi-task and apply time management processes effectively.
· Ability to work with extremely short and hectic project cycles and capable of handling and prioritizing multiple tasks and deadlines.
· Strong orientation for quality and customer service along with a high level of integrity and personal responsibility.
· Analytical strengths with attention to detail and solution-oriented approaches.
· Experience working both independently and, in a team, -oriented and collaborative environment.
· Excellent communication skills to monitor, report, and relate to all levels of the organization.