Plant Manager Aprinnova, LLC (North Carolina)
The primary responsibilities of the Plant Manager are to plan, organize, direct, and control all manufacturing functions at the site to ensure the production of Aprinnova products at optimum yields and costs in a safe and environmentally compliant manner. He/she appoints department heads or managers and assigns or delegates responsibilities to them; analyzes operations to evaluate performance of the operations and its staff in meeting objectives or to determine areas of potential cost reduction, program improvement, or policy change; confers with upper management, organization officials, or staff members to discuss issues, coordinate activities, or resolve problems and implement corrective action plans to solve organizational or departmental problems.
- Provide and maintain a safe work environment by participating in safety programs, committees, or teams, and by conducting safety audits.
- Follow all company policies and procedures pertaining to ISO 22716—Good Manufacturing Practice (GMPs) guidelines for cosmetics.
- Ensure adequate production levels and safe production environments and/or identify abnormalities with production equipment or processes.
- Supervise plant operations, lab, maintenance, inventory, SHE/Training and HR personnel and activities.
- Prepare and manage plant operating and capex budgets.
- Review, understand and control manufacturing costs and work with functional leads to achieve product cost and technology roadmaps.
- Review operations performance specifications to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Inspect processes, equipment, and facilities for ways to maximize capacity and minimize operating costs.
- Plan and schedule plant activities
- Record, report, and interpret data and prepare reports on plant operations, status, maintenance, and other information for stakeholders.
- BS degree in a scientific subject, preferably Chemical Engineering
- Masters level candidates are preferred.
- 8 to 10 years of plant management experience and a track record of success with plant operation and management.
- Ability to work as a part of a team and be results orientated.
- Experience with working in a Joint Venture and dealing with multi-company governance is a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Embrace Amyris Core Values
- Adherence to Amyris Safety Policies and Procedures
- Must be available for a flexible schedule including days and nights. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Must possess the ability to wear a respirator.
Amyris, a leader in industrial synthetic biology, uses its innovative bioscience solutions to achieve renewable products by converting plant sugars into hydrocarbon molecules. Amyris’ molecules are used in wide range of specialty & performance chemicals, flavors & fragrances and in applications ranging from cosmetics to biofuels. Learn more at www.amyris.com.
As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, Amyris is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Amyris complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.
If you are a recruiter or placement agency, please do not submit resumes to any person or email address at Amyris, Inc. prior to having a signed agreement. Amyris is not liable for and will not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved recruitment partners. Furthermore, any resumes sent to us without an agreement in place will be considered your company’s gift to Amyris and may be forwarded to our recruiters for their attention.
For a full list of our current openings, please visit our website <http://www.amyris.com/careers>.