SCIENTIST, PROTEIN ANALYTICAL CHEMISTRY
Vir integrates diverse innovations in science, technology, and medicine to transform the care of people with serious infectious diseases. Vir is taking a multi-program, multi-platform approach to applying these breakthroughs, including the development of treatments that induce protective and therapeutic immune responses. Vir’s scale and scope together with leading scientific and management expertise, allow it to perform significant internal R&D, in license or acquire innovative technology platforms and assets, and fund targeted academic research.
Vir Bio is seeking an experienced protein analytical chemist to conduct analytical development to support a variety of therapeutic platforms, including recombinant antibodies and viral vectors. This individual will develop, implement and execute methods to characterize drug products and impurities, ancillary raw materials, critical reagents, process development material and other biological materials. This role will involve laboratory work as well as authoring SOPs and development reports.
- Develop analytical methods such as mass spectrometry, capillary electrophoresis, U/HPLC, and other protein analytical chemistry methods to characterize drug products and their associated variants and impurities
- Perform troubleshooting and evaluation of protein/antibody methods and data generated by contract labs
- Work cross functionally to support other areas of organization such as Quality Control, Analytical Development, Process Development, and Research groups
- Provide subject matter expertise to support regulatory submissions, technical reviews, and agency inspections
- Author technical reports, test methods, and white papers, as needed
- Mentor/train junior staff on protein analytical chemistry techniques
- Increasing responsibilities in talent management and other HR functions
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience developing protein and antibody assay methodologies such as H/UPLC, capillary electrophoresis, SEC, CEX, cIEF and oligosaccharide analyses
- Must possess a solid understanding of protein chemistry and biochemistry, particularly as related to biological drug development
- Technical writing skills and experience authoring development reports, SOPs, regulatory filings, or other documents
- Experience developing assays for characterization of drug products, impurities, and process residuals
- Ability to work in a high paced team environment, meet deadlines, and prioritize work from multiple projects.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, and familiarity with representation on inter-disciplinary and cross-functional teams
- BS/MS and 10+ years, or PhD and 4+ years, of experience in assay development in the biotech field