i2 Pharmaceuticals Inc., is focused on next generation cancer biotherapies, deriving product candidates from proprietary libraries of human antibodies and naturally occurring antibody-like Surrobodies sharing engineered common light chains. We are innovators coupling the power of discovery technologies, protein engineering and drug delivery with deep understanding of cancer biology to accelerate the development of more effective, safer therapeutics.
We are seeking a highly motivated scientist to join i2 Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Reporting to the CSO, the candidate will be based in Burlingame, CA. He/she will be directly responsible for the in vitro pharmacological characterization of Ab-based drug candidates, building on in-house preclinical capabilities and for oversight of out-sourced in vivo pharmacology. This position will play a key role in developing and communicating the scientific basis for i2 Pharma’s lead therapeutics as evidenced by publications, presentations, and IND Pharmacology sections for Oncology and Immuno-oncology biotherapeutics. Responsibilities will involve collaborative work across multiple sites, CROs and with academic centers and business partners as well.
The successful candidate will have a strong foundation in oncology biotherapeutics with an emphasis on immune-oncology preferred. Previous experience in Drug Discovery including IND filings is highly preferred.
- Ph.D. in Immunology, Tumor Biology or related scientific discipline with at least 6 years of relevant, applied cancer research and drug discovery experience, preferably in Industry.
- Proficient in cell biology including Ab characterization (ADCC, CDC, FACS), and drug delivery.
- Experience in therapeutic validation, functional and biomarker cell-based assay development.
- Solid experience in Drug Discovery.
- Highly motivated, innovative and strong team player. Experience to successfully work within a cross-functional team
- Excellent time management and organizational skill.
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment is essential.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with a demonstrated ability for creative thinking and problem solving.
If this job sounds interesting and challenging and you desire to be part of a highly motivated and innovative entrepreneurial organization, then we would like to hear from you. Please contact us at email@example.com and include the following:
- A detailed cover letter, which specifically addresses the job requirements, the applicant’s qualifications and goals, and why the applicant is the best fit for this position.
- A current resume.
- The names, daytime telephone numbers, and email addresses for at least three professional references.