Scientist, Cancer Immunotherapy
Fate Therapeutics is seeking a motivated, conscientious, and data-driven scientist to join our cancer immunotherapy team developing novel NK cell and T cell therapeutics. The position is focused on the development and evaluation of in vitro assays and culture systems for both NK and T cells and will play a key role in the development of novel cell therapy products. The candidate will contribute to the identification, characterization, and development of novel cell-based immunotherapeutics by performing, optimizing, and analyzing experiments and data involving NK and T cell proliferation, survival, and function. Strong candidates will have a foundation in immunology and a track record of successful problem solving, experimental execution, and data analysis. Experience with a broad range of immunological and cell biological assays is desired, with an emphasis on multi-color flow cytometry and ELISA-based methods. Previous cell culture experience, especially with primary cells is essential, and knowledge of large scale cell production is desired. An ideal candidate would possess experience characterizing immune cells through cell activation and cytotoxicity assays, cytokine profiling, and multi-color flow cytometry analysis including intracellular staining. This position reports to the Senior Scientist, Bioengineering and is located at our corporate headquarters in San Diego, California.
- Design and perform experiments to support preclinical development of NK and T cell immunotherapy product candidates
- Participate and lead efforts to optimize and streamline cell culture scale-up efforts
- Serve as cell culture scale-up subject matter expert in multidisciplinary team settings including process development, manufacturing, and regulatory functions
- Identify and evaluate novel approaches to modulate NK cell and T cell differentiation and effector function
- Design and execute in vitro and in vivo assays to evaluate the efficacy of immune-oncology products
- Ph.D. in Immunology, Cell Biology or other related field with 3+ years of relevant experience
- Expertise in multi-parameter flow cytometry, including analysis and intracellular staining, and in vitro functional T cell and NK cell assays
- In-depth experience with cell culture techniques and expansion of both cell lines and primary immune cells
- Excellent communication, organization, and presentation skills
- Independence in experimental design, data analysis, and interpretation
- Positive outlook and a team-oriented attitude
- Experience with GMP and/or large-scale culturing is a plus
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements
- Will require working with blood and cell lines of human and animal origin
- Will require working with hazardous materials
- 100% on-site work at corporate headquarters in San Diego, CA
- Evening and weekend work as necessary
The preceding job description indicates the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. Additional and incidental duties related to the primary duties may be required from time to time.
For consideration send cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org and reference job code 211PR.
About Fate Therapeutics, Inc.
Fate Therapeutics is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company dedicated to the development of first-in-class cellular immunotherapies for cancer and immune disorders. The Company is pioneering the development of off-the-shelf cell therapies using its proprietary induced pluripotent stem cell (iPSC) product platform. The Company’s immuno-oncology pipeline is comprised of FATE-NK100, a donor-derived natural killer (NK) cell cancer immunotherapy that is currently being evaluated in three Phase 1 clinical trials, as well as iPSC-derived NK cell and T-cell immunotherapies, with a focus on developing augmented cell products intended to synergize with checkpoint inhibitor and monoclonal antibody therapies and to target tumor-specific antigens. The Company’s immuno-regulatory pipeline includes ProTmune™, a next-generation donor cell graft that is currently being evaluated in a Phase 2 clinical trial for the prevention of graft-versus-host disease, and a myeloid-derived suppressor cell immunotherapy for promoting immune tolerance in patients with immune disorders. Fate Therapeutics is headquartered in San Diego, CA. For more information, please visit www.fatetherapeutics.com.