Senior Research Associate, Cancer Immunotherapy
Fate Therapeutics is currently seeking a skilled and motivated cell biologist to join a multidisciplinary R&D team in the development of the company’s cell therapy programs. The successful candidate will play a key role in pursuing the derivation of hematopoietic cells, particularly natural killer (NK) cells and T cells from induced pluripotent stem cells (iPSCs) to develop off-the-shelf cellular therapeutics. The candidate will perform, optimize and analyze experiments involving the in vitro differentiation of genetically edited iPSCs and the derivation of variety of modified lymphocytes with the goal to develop next generation of cellular therapies. Primary responsibilities will be to coordinate with molecular biology, cellular engineering and cellular therapy teams for the accurate, consistent and timely delivery of iPSC-derived lymphoid cells to support product development. The ideal candidate will have extensive cell culture experience with knowledge of basic hematopoiesis. This is a full time position, reporting to the Associate Scientist, Cancer Immunotherapy and is located at our corporate headquarters in San Diego, CA.
- Derivation of iPSC-derived hematopoietic cells
- iPSC culture and maintenance
- Stromal cell culture, maintenance and cryopreservation
- Cellular characterization utilizing flow cytometry, microscopy, automated cell counting, immunofluorescence and molecular analysis
- FACS sorting on BD instrumentation and enrichment/depletion on Miltenyi instrumentation
- Flow cytometry data analysis using FlowJo software
- Ordering and maintaining stocks of lab reagents and samples
- B.S. degree + 5 years lab experience, or M.S. degree + 2 years lab experience
- Prior (min 3-5 years) experience and extensive knowledge in aseptic cell culture techniques
- Prior experience with flow cytometry data acquisition and analysis
- Excellent communication, record keeping and data analysis skills
- Hands on experience with ESC and iPSC in vitro differentiation or primary hematopoietic cell culture is desirable
- Ability to strive in a team-oriented environment
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements
- Will require working with blood and cell lines of human and animal origin
- Will require working with hazardous materials
- 100% on-site work at corporate headquarters in San Diego, CA
- Evening and weekend work as necessary
The preceding job description indicates the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. Additional and incidental duties related to the primary duties may be required from time to time.
For consideration send cover letter and resume to: email@example.com and reference job code 209BG.
About Fate Therapeutics, Inc.
Fate Therapeutics is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company dedicated to the development of first-in-class cellular immunotherapies for cancer and immune disorders. The Company is pioneering the development of off-the-shelf cell therapies using its proprietary induced pluripotent stem cell (iPSC) product platform. The Company’s immuno-oncology pipeline is comprised of FATE-NK100, a donor-derived natural killer (NK) cell cancer immunotherapy that is currently being evaluated in three Phase 1 clinical trials, as well as iPSC-derived NK cell and T-cell immunotherapies, with a focus on developing augmented cell products intended to synergize with checkpoint inhibitor and monoclonal antibody therapies and to target tumor-specific antigens. The Company’s immuno-regulatory pipeline includes ProTmune™, a next-generation donor cell graft that is currently being evaluated in a Phase 2 clinical trial for the prevention of graft-versus-host disease, and a myeloid-derived suppressor cell immunotherapy for promoting immune tolerance in patients with immune disorders. Fate Therapeutics is headquartered in San Diego, CA. For more information, please visit www.fatetherapeutics.com.