Lab Head, Cellular and Molecular Immunology
927 million. That’s how many lives our products touched in 2017. And while we’re proud of that, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people’s lives? Our mission is to efficiently provide research scientists with high-quality recombinant proteins, antibodies and mRNA for in vitro and in vivo target validation in order to generate and advance the Novartis early biopharmaceutical pipeline. We are looking for a highly motivated Lab Head to oversee a research group that focuses on Cellular and Molecular Immunology committed to support innovative biological drug discovery efforts.
What you’ll be doing
• Contribute in investigating the mechanisms and pathophysiology of immunological processes related to the usage of biologics drug.
• Establish and lead innovative research projects aimed at implementing the antibody discovery platform.
• Lead an immunology laboratory with committed research associates, and you will perform experimentation using human and non-human in vitro systems to test and develop innovative biologics.
• We encourage that your cutting-edge and hands-on knowledge of human immunology will expect that you will continue to lead to publication of impactful papers.
The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
• PhD in immunology with Post Doctoral training in academia and/or working experience in pharmaceutical/biotech industry
• Strong technical and theoretical background/expertise in human and mouse immunology
• Track record of scientific publication in peer review journals
• Experience managing labs in either Academia or Pharmecuticals
What Novartis can offer you?
Yes, we offer exceptional benefits and competitive salaries. But we can offer more. Here you will:
• Opportunity to gain commercial hands on experience
• Opportunity to work with an industry leader in pharmaceuticals
• Work with the latest technologies
• Interact with industry thought leaders on a regular basis
• Keep your scientific reputation high pursuing publication in high impact peer review journal
• Opportunity to collaborate with Academia Institution creating a stimulating, exciting environment where post doc and PhD can start their own carrer
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are empowered to ask new questions, make bolder decisions and take smarter risks.
We are Novartis. Join us and help reimagine medicine.
REQUISITION-EMEDIA ID: 65065204
REQUISITION ID: 251326BRHHL