Scientist - Cell Line Development and Protein Expression
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are empowered to ask new questions, make bolder decisions and take smarter risks.
927 million. That’s how many lives our products touched in 2017. And while we’re proud of that, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people’s lives?
We are looking for Scientist to join our Integrated Biologics Profiling group. This is an early development unit that works with various project teams in different disease areas to express, purify, and characterize monoclonal antibodies and other therapeutic proteins to identify candidates with suitable developable characteristics
What you’ll be doing
Establish documented stable cell lines engineered to express therapeutic proteins, and contribute to expression and purification of recombinant therapeutic proteins from these cell lines. In this laboratory-based role you will
• Maintain mammalian cell lines and generate frozen cell stocks
• Transfect cells and screen cell lines for expression
• Prepare samples for analytic assessment of titer and protein quality
• Culture transfected cell lines for protein expression and production at various scales (from shake flask to 100L WAVE bioreactors)
• Assist in protein purification
• Record data in electronic notebook in a timely manner, perform some analysis and present your results to others.
JOB REQUIREMENTS: Our Expectations
• B.S. or M.S. in Biology, Cell Biology or Biochemical Engineering
• Strong background in recombinant protein expression
• Relevant academic or industrial laboratory experience with mammalian cell culture is required
• Excellent aseptic technique is a must
• Experience with bioreactors (stirred tank and/or WAVE) preferred
• A team player with excellent communication & interpersonal skills and capable of working semi-independently or as part of a cross-functional team.
What Novartis can offer you?
Yes, we offer exceptional benefits and competitive salaries. But we can offer more. Here you will have opportunity to:
• Gain hands on experience working in a global Pharmaceutical company
• Work in a learning environment
• Work with the latest technologies
• Work with industry thought leaders on a regular basis
• Be part of a leading, global pharmaceutical leader
We are Novartis. Join us and help reimagine medicine.
The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.<img height=1 width=1 border=0 src=https://novartispharmaceuticalscorp.contacthr.com/65065094.jpg />
To apply for this position, please copy and paste the following link into your browser address bar: