IT Service Desk Specialist
The Gladstone Institutes is an independent, not-for-profit research institution. Its mission is to improve the health and well-being of all people through medical research and education in neuroscience, cardiovascular biology, immunology, and stem cell biology. Home to notable leaders in science and biomedicine, Gladstone comprises four institutes as well as various centers and programs. All of its approximately 500 members are aligned in their mission to carry out or support science that overcomes disease. Located in an award-winning building at the Mission Bay Campus, Gladstone offers a competitive salary and benefits program. It provides an ideal environment for those seeking to maximize and fully leverage their potential. Please consider Gladstone and make a difference in human health.
We are currently recruiting for an IT Service Desk Specialist. The person in this position will typically be the first individual with whom Gladstone clients will interact for online, in-person and telephone requests and inquiries. Among the responsibilities will be initial triage, Tier 1 troubleshooting, and assignment/elevation of tickets to other department technicians. The ideal candidate will be a positive, calm, and highly-focused individual with proven excellence in customer service in an IT environment. Attention to detail and well-developed organizational skills are key traits for this position. A solid understanding of and facility with Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Active Directory management and OSX are also crucial, as are basic Tier 1 troubleshooting skills on both platforms.
This position reports directly to the Service Desk Manager.
- Initial response and Tier 1 troubleshooting for incoming Service Desk requests: in-person, phone, online
- Primary responder to incoming calls on the Service Desk extension
- Complete and accurate information-gathering on incoming requests
- Assessment and dispatch of requests to Tier II technical staff
- Primary creator of employee accounts and disseminator of employee documentation
- Creation and updating of user documentation and IT Knowledge Base articles
- Other IT-related tasks
- Minimum 3 years extensive IT customer service experience
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills
- Tier 1 support for OSX and Windows operating systems
- Experience supporting iOS and Android devices
- Experience supporting Google G Suite
- Working knowledge of Linux (Ubuntu / CentOS distributions)
- Knowledge of audiovisual systems and basic AV troubleshooting
- Experience using central management tools (e.g. JAMF, Casper)