Strategic Collaborations Project Manager
The goal of Bristol-Myers Squibb's (BMS) Strategic Collaborations Group is to initiate, form and maintain strategic partnerships with key research centers, scientific societies and cooperative groups in order to accelerate research. The group has relationship managers at key academic centers who lead the coordinate BMS's key research activities at these centers. The project manager partners with the matrix of relationship managers, Head of the strategic collaborations group and other key BMS stakeholders in the evolution of the group and execution of key priority areas
- Providing project management support to the Collaboration team and work closely with the Head of the group to ensure alignment to the platform's strategic goals
- Partner with the Head of the group to develop a strategic framework on the next iteration (2.0 version) of the group, identify the next wave of institutions and map out a plan on implementing that vision
- Lead/manage key internal governance/leadership engagements to support cross functional decision making and alignment on areas such as areas of focus, budget investments etc
- Lead the development of a communication plan on key accomplishments, areas of focus to the broader BMS matrix and external stakeholders as appropriate
- Provide support in the development of the broad cross-functional partnership strategic plans for each partnership and ensure execution of the strategies across the key institutions
- This requires an understanding of both scientific and commercial issues, strong stakeholder management skills, and the ability to work across a highly matrixed and global organization
- Creating and maintaining project timelines and plans, tracking the studies and activities generated across the platform, maintaining the financial tracking across the program, and authoring monthly reports
- This requires an understaning of the BMS portfolio and Book of Work. Rapid identification and transparent communication of risks as well as competency to resolve issues are key expectations of the Project Manager.
- Project manager for key institution specific matrix teams to help support the execution of the strategic plans
- Lead the development of a metrics framework, monitoring metrics and proactively identifiying areas for improvement
- Build and maintain a stakeholder engagement plan on the capability and help build supporting infrastructure leveraging technology and other mediums.
- Build relationships with key stakeholders, other platform teams, FDT and Medical PM's, Medical team members including key country level stakeholders, to influence strategic alignment on key objectives and broader objectives.
Requirements: The successful candidate will have the following:
- MS, MBA, PhD, PharmD or other advanced degree with 7+ years experience in the pharmaceutical industry
- Familiarity with drug development and commercialization
- Excellent oral and written skills
- Project management experience is required
- PMP certification is desirable
- Highly organized and motivated individual possessing strong written and oral communication skills and ability to work effectively with cross functional teams
- Fluent in English (both writing and speaking);