Sr Manager, US Forecasting
Sr Manager, US Forecasting
Ipsen Biopharmaceuticals Inc.
Reporting to the Sr Director of NA Forecasting, the Sr Manager of Forecasting will play a key support role in developing and communicating global forecasts across Ipsen's franchises, and numerous inline and pipeline products. The Sr Manager of Forecasting will support Ipsen by overseeing budget management and forecasting, managing strategic initiatives, performing data analysis and overseeing critical internal/external partnerships.
The Sr Manager of Forecasting will review existing forecast methodologies and upgrade as needed. The Associate Director is responsible to stay informed of best practices and provide innovative, impactful ideas to optimize processes to support the organization's growth strategies.
Individuals will liaise with key stakeholders in marketing, finance, and value and access to ensure cross-functional alignment on forecasting assumptions and inputs. The Sr Manager of Forecasting will ensure and prepare monthly forecasting analysis to review with the cross functional US team. In addition, the Sr Manager will be required to collaborate with project and department leaders to manage budgets on an on-going basis. The Sr Manager will prepare analysis and present forecast results at key planning sessions such as budget planning, current year planning, and 5 Year plan.
The Sr Manager of Forecasting will possess a strong combination of technical, problem solving, communication, and interpersonal skills. This individual will optimize existing models, collaborate with the Global Forecasting COE to share best practices in forecasting and be able to partner with US New Product Planning on Business Development Commercial Assessments.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Develop commercial sales unit forecasts taking into consideration supply chain inventory fluctuation and non-demand related adjustments to the unit based forecast
- Refresh models with latest actuals at the product or patient level as they become available
- Assess existing forecast models across franchise, and prioritize areas for improvement
- Design and build improved tools (with or without support from vendors) to meet customized needs of each franchise
- Demonstrate comfort with various types of sales audit, patient hub, and specialty pharmacy data
- Work with New Product Planning and Global Forecasting on Business Development Commercial Assessments.
- Work closely with franchise teams and other stakeholders to incorporate latest thinking in forecast assumptions such as launch timing, patent expiry, and competitive entry
- Collect forecasting inputs, elaborate on forecasting assumptions and facilitate the cross-functional forecasting process
- Determine short-term and long-term forecasts for inline and pipeline products to determine mid-term planning and product valuations
- Oversee a repository of product forecasts and help create simple, standardized output tools for fast, clear communication to stakeholders
- Engage in official forecast readouts with senior management
- Assist Sr Director NA Forecasting in responding to ad hoc scenario requests related to business development and other strategic initiatives
- Deliver effective presentations of findings and recommendations to multiple levels of leadership, creating visual displays of quantitative information
- Collaborate with and influence internal stakeholders to process and prioritize new insights and analytics requests, provide feedback on vendor performance, and review data quality assurance policies and procedures
- Comply with all laws, regulations and policies that govern the conduct of Ipsen U.S. staff
- Bachelor's degree required
- Master's degree in business administration or related field preferred
- 8+ years of pharmaceuticals and life sciences experience preferred
- 3+ years of experience in forecasting, market research and competitive intelligence preferred
- Strong presentation skills. Ability to distill a lot of information and summarize for presentation to Senior Leadership.
Core Competencies (Specific knowledge, skills and abilities that enable an individual to effectively perform the job)
- Advanced skills in the creation of financial models for sales unit forecasts
- Understanding of relevant data sets (claims, national/subnational IMS, patient services, etc.)
- Deep knowledge of cost accounting and budget management strategy
- Significant experience in Oncology and Endocrinology preferred
- Demonstrated success using research to drive insights and strategic implications that lead to business decisions
- Ability to transition easily from technical research to practical business considerations
- Ability to anticipate internal and / or external business challenges and recommend process, product, or service improvements
- High degree of creativity and innovation in developing new approaches, processes and methodologies
- Ability to effectively perform all functions in adherence with legal, compliance and regulatory guidelines in the pharmaceutical industry
- Excellent analytical skills-ability to translate disparate and sometimes ambiguous data sets into actionable insights and recommendations
- Advanced knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint and Microsoft Word; working knowledge of business intelligence and predictive modeling tools, such as SAS and Spotfire
- Superior ability to work in a self-directed manner while balancing a fast-paced environment with multiple priorities and competing demands
- Advanced oral and written communication, interpersonal, public relations, facilitation, management, decision making, collaboration, and organizational skills
- Ability to advise senior-level executives and coach teammates on applying listening, problem definition, problem solving, hypothesis generation, data analysis, insights generation, insight application, and presentation skills
The statements contained herein reflect general details as necessary to describe the principles functions for this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required, and the scope of responsibility, but should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned, including work in other functional areas to cover absences or relief, to equalize peak work periods or otherwise balance workload.
Ipsen Biopharmaceuticals, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, religion, creed, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, sexual identity, marital status, military or veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Ipsen Biopharmaceuticals, Inc. conducts background screening, reference checks, and drug testing as part of its pre-employment screening process. This description is not intended to be constructed as an exhaustive list of duties, responsibilities, or requirements for the position. This position may change or assume additional duties at any time. The employee may be requested to perform different or additional duties as assigned.
IPSEN is an equal opportunity employer that strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to an individual's race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, mental/physical disability, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.