Assoc Sr Consultant-Technical
Elanco is a global research-based company that develops and delivers product and services to enhance animal health and production. We value innovation, both in scientific research and daily operations, and strive to cultivate a collaborative work environment for more than 7,000 employees worldwide. Founded in 1954, Elanco is a division of Lilly. Our worldwide headquarters and research facilities are in Greenfield, Indiana.
- Responsible for providing gut nutrition and health support and expertise to the regional marketing, technical consulting, and sales groups
- Serve as a subject matter expert in the field of gut physiology/microbiology/immunology to train and support regional/affiliate sales and technical teams as well as to be viewed as a subject matter expert by gut health community
- Responsible for developing global market development strategies and messages as part of global marketing and technical team to support business objectives
- Responsible for coordinating and conducting post-registration studies of existing products and new products, including but not limited to developing protocols, data, and reports in conjunction with Global Marketing Technical Team
- Responsible for quality control, analysis and interpretation of trial data and preparations of final reports and then to develop and leverage resulting data to create market interest and demand
- Responsible for identifying market opportunities in the poultry and swine industries for nutritional health products
- Responsible to support R&D innovation process as gut health expert
- Coordination and review of nutritional aspects and feed manufacturing implications of new and existing products
- Assist Global Marketing in the development of recommendations for positioning and messaging related to nutritional health products and knowledge solutions materials.
- Assist Nutritional Health in identifying and evaluating new technologies, both internally and externally, that can strengthen Nutritional Health's portfolio
- Lead Elanco in the transformation into a balance of health, production, and nutritional business growth.
Job Interactions including internal and external:
- Integral member of global marketing and technical team
- Work as a liaison between global marketing and technical team and the regional commercial teams
- Work with global marketing managers and associates on material and message development
- Train regional/affiliate TC and marketing teams on nutritional health, immunology, microbiology, etc.
- Works with external consultants, monitors, and investigators in post registration research matters
- Drive the execution of technical elements for the support and launch of the Nutritional Health product portfolio
- Conduct post-registration applied research on Nutritional Health products and future innovations with specific focus on gut health, microbiology, physiology, or immunological aspects.
- Develop global gut health strategies, and support development of regional technical strategies to support business objectives
- Create market opportunities for Nutritional Health products and services
- Participate as a member of global technical team that develops and implements trials to improve animal production through the use of nutritional health products and services
- Publish and present research results at professional meetings
- Participate in the ongoing development of Elanco's business strategy with Global Marketing and Technical Consulting groups
- Support the development of training, marketing, and sales materials for Nutritional Health products.
- Provide expertise in the area of gut health as a member of Nutritional Health's global marketing and technical team
- Take a proactive role to remain current in gut health developments
- Serve as a resource for sales representatives, technical consultants, Global Marketing and Technical, and R & D.
- Function as global project leader, trial monitor or investigator
- Active member of the global technical and research staffs
- Develop and maintain a network within the internal and external research community
- Form working relationships and supplying information to key personnel in the various Elanco groups that support the swine industry
- 30-40% international travel and 5-10% domestic travel
- PhD in microbiology, immunology, gut physiology or related scientific discipline
- Minimum 3 years industry experience
- Leadership skills
- Thorough understanding of trial design and statistical processes with a strong attention to detail.
- Excellent "people skills", be a good communicator (both written and oral)
- Effective presenter of technical material in both written and oral forums is key
- Teaching ability is highly desirable
- Must be proficient in the English language
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.