Scientist II, Purification
We are seeking a skilled and protein chemist at the Scientist level to join the expression and purification group. The candidate will be expected to work on a variety of projects to purify antibodies from multiple species and heterologous expression systems.
- Purify proteins using variety of systems (affinity, ion exchange, size exclusion, etc.).
- Purify proteins using multiple purification platforms (i.e. AKTA Avant, etc.).
- Analyze proteins using standard protein characterization methods (SDS-PAGE/CE-SDS, SEC-MALLS, endotoxin, etc.).
- Perform experiments with strong attention to detail and documentation.
- Excellent written and oral skills are necessary.
- Accomplish goals under project team time lines.
- BS degree with 10+ years of industry experience or MS degree with 7+ years of industry experience, or Ph.D. The degree should be in Biochemistry, Biophysics, Molecular and Cell Biology, or similar field.
- Independent ability and experience in generation and characterization of high quality proteins for immunizations, crystallography, etc. is required.
- Strong expertise in antibody purification and characterization for in vitro and in vivo uses is also required.
- Experience in automated purification is highly preferred.
- Experience and knowledge of molecular biology and expression is preferred.
- Experience with training and guiding an associate is required.
- Ability to work in a multidisciplinary biologics discovery team.