Scientist, Discovery Biology
Proneurotech, Inc. is a new, privately-held biopharmaceutical company focused on the discovery and development of novel neuroprotective drugs that prevent axon degeneration for the treatment of neurologic and ocular diseases.
We are looking for a motivated and passionate Scientist to join our founding team. We are a small, but rapidly growing team leveraging breakthrough insights from our founders to develop novel treatments for neurodegenerative diseases. Depending upon experience level, the title for this position could be either Scientist or Senior Scientist.
Ideal candidates will use their scientific acumen and collaborative approach to partner with the Proneurotech team on all aspects of the drug discovery process from target discovery through nomination of a clinical candidate.
- Identify and validate new targets that block axon loss and degeneration
- Conduct mechanism of action studies to inform PK/PD and biomarker endpoints in in vivo models
- Establish and supervise in vivo models in neuropathic pain and neurodegeneration both internally and through CROs
- Develop and validate biochemical and cell-based assays
- Participate as a member of a cross-functional team and develop collaborative relationships across the company
- Participate in licensing discussions and build strong transparent relationships with external partners and academic collaborators
- Troubleshoot technical difficulties and implement solutions
- Oversee the design of new protocols and experiments
- Coach, manage and mentor junior scientists
- Keep detailed and organized records of experimental protocols and results
- A PhD and postdoctoral training in Neuroscience, Cell Biology, Biochemistry, or related field with a strong publication record
- Deep understanding of pathways and pathophysiological mechanisms implicated in neurodegenerative diseases and neuropathic pain
- Demonstrated ability to apply important biological findings to therapeutic programs
- Exceptional interpersonal and management skills that foster collaboration and inspire high performing teams
- Solution oriented with keen analytical and problem-solving skills
- Comfortable in a culture that prioritizes clear and open communication and scientific excellence
For immediate consideration please submit your CV through our careers site at http://proneurotech.com/.
Proneurotech Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and will consider all qualified applicants for employment.