Senior Scientist, Assay Development
Proneurotech, Inc. is a new, privately-held biopharmaceutical company focused on the discovery and development of novel neuroprotective drugs that prevent axon degeneration for the treatment of neurologic and ocular diseases.
We are looking for a motivated and passionate Scientist to join our founding team. We are a small, but rapidly growing team leveraging breakthrough insights from our founders to develop novel treatments for neurodegenerative diseases.
Ideal candidates will use their scientific acumen and collaborative approach to partner with the Proneurotech team on all aspects of the drug discovery process from target discovery through nomination of a clinical candidate.
- Lead the design and development of cell-based and biochemical assays focused on novel targets for HTS
- Optimize screening assays for advancement of lead compounds for drug discovery programs
- Direct mechanism of action studies to inform PK/PD and biomarker endpoints in in vivo models
- Lead cross-functional early discovery small molecule teams and mentor/coach team members
- Present key findings at scientific meetings and to the Board of Directors
- Participate in licensing discussions and build strong transparent relationships with external partners and academic collaborators
- Manage internal and external (academic and contract research organizations) resources to deliver quality data in an efficient manner
- Develop strong relationships and communicate effectively with internal colleagues at all levels, academic Founders, and investors
- Work as a senior member of the Biology research group and foster a culture of scientific excellence, teamwork, and rigorous innovation
- A PhD and postdoctoral training in Cell Biology, Biochemistry, Developmental Biology, Neuroscience or related field with a strong publication record
- At least 5 years of experience in a biotech or pharmaceutical industry environment
- Strong leadership with a deep understanding of key components of the drug development process
- Expert in biochemical assays, cell-based assays and methodologies to support structure-activity relationship
- Proven track record in early target discovery, target validation, mechanism of action studies and establishment of in vitro and in vivo PK/PD and efficacy models
- Demonstrated ability to apply important biological findings to therapeutic programs
- Exceptional interpersonal and management skills that foster collaboration and inspire high performing teams
- Solution oriented with keen intellect for integrating novel science and emerging technologies to address complex problems
- Outstanding communication skills with the ability to build transparent and collaborative relationships across the company and with other stakeholders of the company
For immediate consideration please submit your CV through our careers site at http://proneurotech.com/.
Proneurotech Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment.