Scientist, Quantitative System Toxicology Modeling & Simulation
More than 30,000 Takeda employees working in more than 70 countries are committed to improving quality of life for patients, who remain at the center of everything we do. Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited is a global, research and development-driven organization working internally and with external partners to translate science into life-changing medicines. Takeda focuses on the core therapeutic areas of oncology, gastroenterology, neuroscience and providing vaccines that address the most important infectious diseases. Novel products, especially in oncology and gastroenterology, as well as our presence in emerging markets, fuel our growth.
Takeda Pharmaceuticals U.S.A., Inc. ranks among the top 15 pharmaceutical companies in the United States. Our larger U.S. offices are in Cambridge, MA, Deerfield, IL, and San Diego, CA. Research & Development employees in our Cambridge location focus on oncology, gastroenterology, immunomodulation, biologics, translational research, and external innovation. In March 2016, we opened our newest space at 300 Massachusetts Avenue, featuring 230,000 square feet of state-of-the-art office and lab space.
While Takeda is enjoying tremendous growth as an emerging global leader in the pharmaceutical industry, we remain ever mindful of our commitment to serve people worldwide by striving toward better health through leading innovation in medicine. In short, we are a passionate team doing important work that impacts patients’ lives. If you are driven to create better health and a brighter future, join us!
Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Quantitative System Toxicology Modeling & Simulation Scientist in our Cambridge office.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As a Quantitative System Toxicology Modeling & Simulation Scientist working on the DMPK team, you will be empowered to influence molecule development and design and build translational pharmacology and toxicology models.
- The preclinical translational modeling and simulation group of Takeda Pharmaceuticals in Cambridge MA is seeking a quantitative systems toxicology modeling & simulation scientist to support global drug development by building system pharmacology/toxicology models such as intracellular cell signaling, tumor growth kinetic, cardiac ion channel inhibition, myelosuppression, gastrointestinal toxicity, and drug induced liver injury models. The successful candidate will collaborate with global nonclinical Drug Safety, Drug Discovery, Translational Medicine, and Clinical Pharmacology to develop mathematical models to understand the targeted biological pathways and exposure-toxicity relationship of novel therapeutic agents. The candidate will also be responsible for implementing the right modeling & simulation strategy to assist with lead optimization, establish TK/TD relationships and create mechanistic toxicity models to support project needs. Essential qualifications include in depth understanding of toxicology, cancer biology, neuroscience and numerical methods, as well as hands-on experience with modeling and simulation software, and ability to clearly present modeling and simulation findings.
- This is an exciting opportunity at the interface between nonclinical drug safety, drug metabolism and pharmacokinetics, clinical pharmacology and translational medicine to influence molecule development.
- The candidate is expected to design and build translational PK/PD, TK/TD and mechanistic models to understand the mechanism, translatability and impacts of toxicity findings. The candidate will also apply the mathematical models to evaluate potential toxicity mitigation plan.
- Keep up to date with emerging literature and science in toxicology and mathematical modeling of toxicology
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- PhD in chemical or biomedical engineering, toxicology, pharmaceutical sciences, mathematics, statistics, or equivalent area with at least 3 years of experience in mathematical modeling of biological systems.
- Proficiency with systems modeling and coding implementing of differential equation, logic, stochastic, agent-based, or other advanced mechanistic modeling approaches in R, SimBiology, MATLAB, Phoenix WINNONLIN, or NONMEM is essential.
- In depth knowledge of pharmacokinetics, pharmacodynamics and toxicology.
- Publications applying QSP modeling and simulation approaches is a strong plus.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills to effectively communicate complex research findings and recommendations, and seek to excel in a multi-disciplinary team environment.
- Ability for critical thinking and strong analytical skills to evaluate complex information for the identification of key scientific findings related to projects.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects and activities while meeting project deadlines.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.