Applied StemCell Inc. (ASC) is a fast-growing biotechnology company headquartered in the San Francisco Bay area, California. Our goal is to advance gene-editing and stem cell innovation for biomedical research and gene and cell therapy. We are striving to improve and expand our technologies and product lines to bring gene and cell therapy to patients.
We pride ourselves on having an inclusive diverse workforce, with employees from all over the world that bring unique perspectives to our collaborative environment. We deeply value employee ideas and believe in fostering employee growth and development. As a start-up, we are a fast-growing, quick-paced company that provides a strong learning environment for employees to develop critical skills and industrial knowledge.
Our culture is fun, innovative and challenging! For someone to be successful at our company, we need an individual that has the initiative to drive results, can adapt to a fast-changing environment, understands the needs of teamwork, and has the communication skills to confidently share ideas and viewpoints at all different levels within the company.
We are looking for a Research Associate in the R&D department. This is a hands-on lab-based role in the R&D group with a focus on therapeutic protein or antibody bioproduction.
Skills and Experience
- BS degree in biological sciences such as molecular and cell biology, biochemistry, immunology, protein biochemistry or a related field. MS degree preferred.
- Experience with culturing different types of mammalian cell lines, suspension and adherent.
- Molecular biology skills including DNA and RNA isolation, PCR and molecular cloning skills.
- Hands-on experience with protein expression and purification and protein assay techniques, such as ELISAs, western blots, enzyme assays, etc.
- Experience/training in protein and antibody engineering and CHO cell area is a plus.
- Good oral and written communication skills and organizational skills.
- Team player
- Proficient at MS Office
Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs molecular cloning experiment for bioproduction project, which includes vector digestion, RT-PCR, ligation, transformation, mini-prep, midi-prep, etc;
- Assist in variety type of mammalian cell line culture;
- Assist in the protein & antibody production process from variety of CHO cell lines.
- Performs a variety of assays for evaluating yield and function of protein and antibody, such as ELISAs, enzyme assays, etc;
- Prepare buffer solutions, mediums which are needed for bioproduction project;
- Assist in placing in house order for purchasing needs;
- Maintains good lab notebook records for easily tracking experiment data;
- Participates in group meeting and journal club.
Applied StemCell is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.