Applied StemCell Inc. (ASC) is a fast-growing biotechnology company headquartered in the San Francisco Bay area, California. Our goal is to advance gene-editing and stem cell innovation for biomedical research and gene and cell therapy. We are striving to improve and expand our technologies and product lines to bring gene and cell therapy to patients.
We pride ourselves on having an inclusive diverse workforce, with employees from all over the world that bring unique perspectives to our collaborative environment. We deeply value employee ideas and believe in fostering employee growth and development. As a start-up, we are a fast-growing, quick-paced company that provides a strong learning environment for employees to develop critical skills and industrial knowledge.
Our culture is fun, innovative and challenging! For someone to be successful at our company, we need an individual that has the initiative to drive results, can adapt to a fast-changing environment, understands the needs of teamwork, and has the communication skills to confidently share ideas and viewpoints at all different levels within the company.
We are looking for a Research Associate who will carry out Production work and assist in QC work.
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Biological Science or related field
- Knowledge in Basic Cell and Molecular Biology and Microbiology
- Experience with generating SOPs, batch records and QC protocols preferred
- Experience with aseptic techniques, tissue culture, production runs, QC assays
- Molecular Biology: PCR, RNA isolation/cDNA generation/RT-PCR to characterize specific cell markers
- Cell Culture: Transfections of mammalian cell lines, iPSC maintenance, expansion, and characterization (desired)
- Strong organizational and documentation skills
- Ability to learn and adopt new technologies quickly
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Team player
- Proficient at MS Office
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform laboratory work involving techniques related to molecular science and cell biology
- Assist in the generation and documentation of various cell product lines
- Assist in characterization of various cell product lines
- Assist in characterization and QC assays of various cell product lines
- Perform data analysis from experiments
- Write batch Records and complete production records
Applied StemCell is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.