Applied StemCell Inc. (ASC) is a fast-growing biotechnology company headquartered in the San Francisco Bay area, California. Our goal is to advance gene-editing and stem cell innovation for biomedical research and gene and cell therapy. We are striving to improve and expand our technologies and product lines to bring gene and cell therapy to patients.
We pride ourselves on having an inclusive diverse workforce, with employees from all over the world that bring unique perspectives to our collaborative environment. We deeply value employee ideas and believe in fostering employee growth and development. As a start-up, we are a fast-growing, quick-paced company that provides a strong learning environment for employees to develop critical skills and industrial knowledge.
Our culture is fun, innovative and challenging! For someone to be successful at our company, we need an individual that has the initiative to drive results, can adapt to a fast-changing environment, understands the needs of teamwork, and has the communication skills to confidently share ideas and viewpoints at all different levels within the company.
We are looking for a Research Associate who will be responsible for assisting scientists and microinjection specialists in the animal modeling group. Duties include embryo handling, cryopreservation, reagent preparation, and animal colony and health management. Good communication with project managers and clients is required to ensure the project animals are delivered to the client safely.
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Biological Science, Genetics, or Animal Science/Biology, Master's degree preferred, ALAT or LAT certification a plus
- Experience of Animal Handling Experience/Colony Management and Rodent Surgical Procedure preferred
- Knowledge in Rodent Physiology, Animal Embryology, Genetics, or Genome Editing Technology a plus
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Team player
- Highly Developed Awareness of Laboratory Animal Welfare and Responsibility as an Animal User
- Proficient at MS Office
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform surgical procedure including teratoma collection, cell or tissue implantation
- Prepare microinjection reagents
- Manage Superovulation Preparation
- Maintain Embryo handling/harvesting/transferring
- Conduct Cryopreservation of gametes
- Maintain Animal colony management/health monitoring
- Perform Rodent handling/husbandry including hormone injection
- Assist in animal shipping and related customer service
Applied StemCell is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.