The Bioinformatician I/ll contributes to Product Support’s two main goals: supporting existing products on the market, and assisting in the transition of new products from research to the market.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Actively participate in multidisciplinary teams to execute assigned projects, including:
- Researching issues observed in Lab Operations, determining if diagnostic results are affected, and finding solutions if necessary
- Identifying and validating assigned process and product improvements
- Validating reagents, equipment, algorithms, and software
- Transferring assigned new products from Research to Laboratory Operations
- Identify problems, determine solutions, and ensure implementation in a timely manner
- Communicate project status and analysis results in a clear, concise manner to the relevant audience
- Ensure compliance with CAP, CLIA, ISO and FDA regulations and oversight
- Follow all Agendia health and safety policies and procedures
Performs other related duties as required or assigned
This position may interact with all departments within the company, especially Lab Operations, Regulatory Affairs and Quality Assurance, Research, and Medical Affairs; as well as external collaborators and the scientific community.
Education and Experience Requirements:
Bachelor’s degree in computer science, statistics, or life science.
At least 1 year of contiguous experience at a commercial company.
Skills and Qualifications Requirements:
Strong problem solving skills
- Strong programming experience in R, familiar with other languages (preferably Matlab)
- Sound knowledge of theoretical and applied statistics and molecular biology, as they apply to clinical and non-clinical diagnostic R&D
- Sound knowledge of bioinformatics and/or data science
- Excellent project management, time management and people skills together with a sense of urgency to resolve customer issues quickly and accurately
- Experience with databases, particularly MS Access, MS SQL Server, or Oracle
- Familiar with the Microsoft Windows environment and Office applications
· Knowledge of cancer genetics and molecular biology
· Experience with microarray data analysis
- This position requires no supervisory responsibilities.
- General office environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Maintains a clean, neat, and orderly work area.
- Adheres to department-specific safety guidelines.
- Standing, sitting, walking, bending, reaching, manual manipulation, and lifting up to 10 pounds.
- All candidates must pass a color vision test
- Ability to travel internationally and domestically up to 10%