Applied StemCell Inc. (ASC) is a fast-growing biotechnology company headquartered in the San Francisco Bay area, California. Our goal is to advance gene-editing and stem cell innovation for biomedical research and gene and cell therapy. We are striving to improve and expand our technologies and product lines to bring gene and cell therapy to patients.
We pride ourselves on having an inclusive diverse workforce, with employees from all over the world that bring unique perspectives to our collaborative environment. We deeply value employee ideas and believe in fostering employee growth and development. As a start-up, we are a fast-growing, quick-paced company that provides a strong learning environment for employees to develop critical skills and industrial knowledge.
Our culture is fun, innovative and challenging! For someone to be successful at our company, we need an individual that has the initiative to drive results, can adapt to a fast-changing environment, understands the needs of teamwork, and has the communication skills to confidently share ideas and viewpoints at all different levels within the company.
We are looking for a lab manager who has experience in lab, equipment, and reagents management to help us manage our expanding facility.
Skills and Experience
- BA/BS in biological sciences
- 3 years relevant lab and equipment use and maintenance experience
- Industrial experience, ISO or GXP environment a plus
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of OSHA regulations
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee/supervise routine lab operations to ensure efficient work flow and compliance with regulations
- Train, supervise or arrange trainings, including but not limited to safety, equipment use and procedures (SOPs and protocols)
- Coordinate with lab safety officers to ensure correct use of labs
- Ensure employees follow industrial standards and safety regulations
- Manage purchasing and maintenance of lab equipment and supplies
- Coordinate with Operation team for facility maintenance and improvement
- Maintain equipment setup, generate IQ/OQ/PQ report, calibration and maintenance
- Conduct lab environmental monitoring for safety and compliance including daily temperature monitoring of equipment and lab
- Manage lab safety including hazardous waste management
- Organize and lead safety committee meetings once a quarter; train safety committee members as needed
- Support other departments as needed
Applied StemCell is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.