Research Associate/Sr. Research Associate - Immuno-Oncology
Research Associate/Senior Research Associate – Immuno-oncology
Pionyr Immunotherapeutics Inc. is a growing San Francisco-based immuno-oncology company focused on novel approaches to cancer immunotherapy. We are looking for a highly motivated and dedicated candidate for a full-time Research Associate/Sr. Research Associate position. The candidate will have an opportunity to join our energetic team and play an integral role in advancing our therapeutic candidates into the clinic, and supporting target discovery efforts. At Pionyr Immunotherapeutics we use a combination of advanced flow cytometry, in vitro and ex vivo bioassays, as well as in vivo models to address challenging and exciting questions. The successful candidate will provide research support encompassing cell biology, cancer biology, molecular biology, and immunology techniques.
Specific Responsibilities Include (but not limited to):
- Performing in vitro and ex vivo immunology-focused assays to assess the functional activity of candidate immuno-oncology therapeutics. Techniques routinely used include cell subset isolation, immunophenotyping, and immune functional assays, such as multi-parameter flow cytometry, ADCC and ADCP assays, cell signaling and reporter assays, and ELISA.
- Organizing and analyzing results, communicating and presenting findings in team meetings, and contributing to scientific publications
- Troubleshooting and optimizing assays through data interpretation, identification of novel or alternate procedures and techniques, and timely execution
- Bachelors or Masters in Immunology, Cancer Biology or a related field, with a minimum of 2-4 years of relevant experience in an industrial or academic lab setting
- Ability to design, develop, and execute research activities. This includes every aspect of the process from review of relevant literature through execution of experiments
- Strong interpersonal skills and proven ability to collaborate in a team setting
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced dynamic environment while delivering high quality work
- Experience in standard immunological techniques including flow cytometry, Western Blots, ELISAs, ADCC/ADCP bioassays
- Experience with at least 4 color flow cytometry, and the DIVA and FlowJo software package is a plus
- Experience with standard cell culture techniques, as well as isolating and working with primary, blood- or tissue-derived cells
- Experience with high-throughput cell-based assays, reporter assays, RNA extraction and qPCR, siRNA/shRNA knockdown, CRISPR-mediated genome editing, molecular cloning, and lentivirus generation and transduction
- Prior hands-on experience in hybridoma techniques and or immunohistochemistry is an added plus
Qualified candidates may submit their cover letter and cv to firstname.lastname@example.org. Pionyr offers competitive benefit and compensation plans as well as a academic based, scientific driven, entrepreneurial and collaborative work environment.