Scientist: Biochemistry, Cell and Molecular Biology
SCIENTIST: BIOCHEMISTRY, CELL AND MOLECULAR BIOLOGY
at BIOAGE Labs
BIOAGE Labs is dedicated to discovering drugs to treat a diverse range of age-related diseases. We use novel computational approaches to discover molecules that modulate diseases of aging, and translational approaches to develop these into therapies. We are located in Richmond, CA.
BIOAGE Labs is seeking to recruit a Scientist focusing on drug discovery research relevant to aging and age-related disease. Reporting to the VP of Biochemistry, the Scientist will explore biology/biochemistry related to molecular mechanisms of pathogenesis. Working with novel therapeutics developed at BIOAGE, the Scientist will discover biomarkers, characterize proteins and chemical compounds, and expand our understanding of the basic biology of promising drug-targets.
- Perform research in a dynamic and collaborative environment
- As a key member of a project team developing pre-clinical drug candidates, you will lead efforts to optimize drug-like properties and basic biochemistry of proteins of interest.
- Evaluate therapeutic agents using in vitro assays, cell-based assays to facilitate in vivo studies
- Perform experiments, analyze data, interpret and present results
- Collaborate with colleagues in Computational Biology, Biology Discovery, Protein Sciences, and in vivo Pharmacology.
- Ph.D. in Biochemistry, Biophysics and/or Cell Biology
- Proficiency in a broad range of biochemical, molecular and cellular techniques including: protein expression and purification, western blotting, protein-interaction studies, ELISA, and RNAi technologies
- Experience with proteomics, metabolomics and mass spectrometry is highly desirable
- Strong understanding of protein science is highly desirable
- Demonstrated expertise in the culture of mammalian cell lines
- Experience with disease-relevant cellular and animal models is desired
- Expertise in microscopy and high-throughput screening is preferred
- Highly organized with excellent analytical and critical thinking skills
- Strong oral/written communication skills
- Creative thinker who is eager to discover therapeutics and develop leadership skills
- Industry experience is not required but highly desirable.