PACT Pharma is an exciting new company with laboratories in Hayward, CA. PACT is developing personalized adoptive T cell therapies for the eradication of solid tumors. The identification of neo-epitopes that serve as private mutations for each patient’s cancer creates a unique opportunity to engineer autologous T cells that target and kill tumors expressing these neo-antigens. PACT utilizes technology licensed from the laboratories of Drs. Heath and Baltimore (Caltech) to identify T cells that recognize the neo-epitope. The unique T-cell receptor (TCR) sequences obtained from these neoepitope-reactive cells are then engineered into T cells from the patient’s own blood to produce PACT’s therapeutic product: a tsunami of fresh, active T cells that, following infusion into the patient, recognize and attack each patient’s cancer cells.
We are currently recruiting a highly qualified Scientist/Sr. Scientist for Quality Control to develop analytical methods for analysis of engineered neo-epitope targeted TCR T cells and other elements in support of process development and GMP manufacturing for personalized adoptive T cell therapy.
We are located in the San Francisco bay area, in the heart of the world’s premier biotechnology research hub. PACT Pharma offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, including aggressive participation in the growth of the company in the form of stock option grants. PACT Pharma is an ambitious cutting-edge undertaking - we fully anticipate our company to become the world’s leader in personalized adoptive T cell therapies for cancer and therefore key to the future of cancer treatment. Currently located in Hayward but will be moving to South San Francisco by year end.
Scientist/Sr. Scientist – Quality Control
- The ideal candidate should hold a bachelor’s degree with 10+ years’ experience, or graduate degree in biological sciences with 2+ year experience in QC or analytical development scientist roles.
- Highly experienced analytical development scientist with a track record of leading successful development of cell therapy product potency methods and other PCR-based, ELISA-based, and/or flow cytometry-based methods for GMP and GLP use, including creating analytical development plans and experiment design, generation of test procedures, qualification/validation, and then establishing product specifications and critical quality attributes and limits.
- She/he is expected to maintain rigor and high quality of execution and documentation suitable for a GMP/GLP laboratory operation.
- Candidate should enjoy operating in an exceptionally dynamic and cooperative environment that is goal-driven to achieve time-sensitive objectives.
- She/he is highly dedicated to mentor team individuals, for motivating team success, and to contribute in a collegial manner to the entire company.
- She/he must be able to communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in the form of written reports, including drafting and review of protocols, SOPs, batch records and regulatory documentation necessary to support process development and release of GMP products.
- The ideal candidate will have worked for 2+ years in biopharmaceutical industry with GMP/GLP quality control and/or analytical development experience.