Associate Director, In Vitro Pharmacology, CNS
Takeda is a global, innovation-driven pharmaceutical leader with 30,000 professionals working together across more than 70 countries. We have maintained an unwavering dedication to put patients first for more than 235 years while we live our values of Takeda-ism—Integrity, Fairness, Honesty, and Perseverance. We are united by our mission to strive towards Better Health and a Brighter Future for people worldwide through leading innovation in medicine.
We focus our research and development on the core therapeutic areas of oncology, gastroenterology, neuroscience, and on providing vaccines that address the most important infectious diseases. Novel products, especially in oncology and gastroenterology, as well as our presence in emerging markets, fuel our growth.
Takeda California generates highly disease-specific and patient-tailored transformative new medicines aligned with Takeda’s global market strategies through research in Gastrointestinal (GI), Neuroscience and Immunology. Takeda California’s team of experienced scientists and clinicians deliver on the needs of patients by blending its internal capabilities, global Takeda resources, and expertise and technology from best-in-class external partners. In early 2019, Takeda California will open a new 165,000 square-foot building with the intent to make it an external innovation and collaboration hub for San Diego.
Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as an Associate Director, In Vitro Pharmacology, in our San Diego, California office.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As an Associate Director, In Vitro Pharmacology, working on the CNS Drug Discovery Team, you will be empowered to contribute to development of new concepts in Neuroscience to aid in early CNS portfolio.
- Individual independently determines novel methods and procedures for in vitro pharmacology study design according to project objectives; assists in formulating research goals; contributes to the development of new principles and concepts; and ensures the quality of in vitro assay data used to support CNS projects. He/she will supervise the daily activities of scientific staff, and work closely with scientists from other departments. The colleague is recognized as an expert and leader in CNS Drug Discovery and in vitro cellular assays internally and often externally. Proposes, initiates, and conducts research projects or research programs in collaboration with the Director of CNS Biology and the CNS Franchise. Supports the entire CNS Research effort and functions with considerable freedom. exercise independent judgment; handles multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Assumes a scientific as well as a management leadership role for a research program
- Supervises and develops direct reports to their full scientific and career potential
- Designs, develops, and validates relevant cellular models for CNS programs
- Assumes team member representation at project teams
- Contributes to development of new concepts in Neuroscience to aid in early CNS portfolio
- Plans, implements and manages internal and external non-clinical activities and interactions to deliver key experimental studies to support CNS Research goals
- Identifies and applies novel technology and expertise
- Presents results both written and verbal and delivers completed reports within a multidisciplinary team environment
- Closely collaborate/interact with other scientists from global Takeda R&D
- Diligently performs assigned lab and company responsibilities
- Maintains concise, accurate, and comprehensible written records as per Takeda California policy
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Ph. D. with thesis and at least 8 years of research experience (Postdoctoral position may serve as experience)
- Demonstrated technical proficiency. Extensive, in-depth expertise in CNS pharmacology based assay development and screening including Cellular Assays.
- Has 5+ years of drug discovery experience, preferably including experience in managing a cross-functional research group in the pharmaceutical/biotech industry
- Has demonstrated independent thought/creativity in science and success in coordinating and executing research to further corporate goals
- Strong background in CNS research and development, with thorough understanding of mechanism of action of targeted therapies (experience with psychiatric diseases preferred)
- Experience using a broad range of technologies; including cellular assay systems, and molecular techniques.
- Willingness to work in a dynamic and changing environment
- Demonstrated supervisory experience and project management skills
- High level of motivation and a proven record of accomplishment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Manual dexterity required to operate office equipment (i.e. computers, phones, etc.).
- Carrying, handling and reaching for objects (up to 25 lbs.)
- Office, lab and vivarium environment
- Willingness to travel to various meetings or client sites, including overnight trips. Some international travel may be required
- Requires approximately 5 % travel
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
Takeda is an EEO employer of minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans, and considers qualified applicants with criminal histories in accordance with applicable laws. For more information, visit http://www.takeda.us/careers/EEO_Policy_Statement.aspx
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please