Sr. Project Manager- New Product Development
Reporting into R&D Strategy and Portfolio Management, the Project Manager will manage the new product development process for complex projects from concept through launch. Product and business goals will be achieved by planning and directing project plans, managing cross-functional teams, and coordinating activities within the established project timelines and budgets.
What will you do?
- Accountable for cross-functional NPD project team performance to approved project contracts, business processes and change management
- Develop and manage project plans that include schedules, resourcing, budgeting and communication to Product Development and Business Leadership
- Collaborate with the cross-functional project leadership team to continually manage the scope and resources for the project
- Manage critical external resources in the execution of tasks (as needed)
- Responsible for overall coordination of all cross-functional activities
- Provide daily direction and guidance to team members in the execution of the project
- Serve as New Product Development expert to the project team
- Continuous identification, monitoring and mitigation of project risk
- Appropriately escalate issues to manager and leadership
- Build key relationships with customers and stakeholders relating to the project
- Coordinate project reviews and any preliminary or interim reviews related to the project
- Drive continuous New Product Development process improvement initiatives
What do you need to succeed?
- Bachelor’s Degree (minimum). Life sciences, physical sciences or engineering disciplines preferred.
- NPD experience leading projects through a phase-gate process to launch (4+ years)
- Technical ability to understand and effectively orchestrate the work to accomplish project
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organization skills, detail oriented and thorough
- Excellent interpersonal skills, able to foster effective collaboration
- Ability to motivate and inspire the team
- Commitment to proactive teambuilding & teammate mentoring
- Champion for continuous improvement as demonstrated by their personal example
- Passionate about achieving results and contributing significantly to organizational outcomes
- Demonstrated success leading and influencing cross-functional peers
- Demonstrated successful product launches in more than one major geography
- Demonstrated success in meeting overall project goals, timelines, costs, resource management, and core team leadership
IDEXX is an EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled Veteran employee