Director, Payer Marketing
Pharmacyclics is committed to the development and commercialization of novel therapies intended to improve the quality and duration of life and to resolve serious unmet medical needs for cancer patients. Pharmacyclics is a wholly-owned subsidiary of AbbVie (NYSE:ABBV), a global, research-based biopharmaceutical company. Oncology is a key therapeutic area for AbbVie, with a portfolio consisting of three marketed products and a pipeline containing multiple promising new molecules that are being studied in more than 200 clinical trials for over 20 different types of cancer.
More than 1,200 Pharmacyclics and AbbVie research scientists, clinicians, marketing, operations and corporate professionals work in the San Francisco Bay Area. They combine their expertise in immuno-oncology, stem cells, and cell-signaling with their knowledge of bispecific antibodies, antibody-drug conjugates (ADCs), and covalent-inhibitor technologies to discover and develop novel cancer treatments. Together, we are striving to outsmart cancer.
To learn more about us, please visit us at http://www.pharmacyclics.com/
Director, Payer Marketing
The Director Payer Marketing will report to the Head of Market Access. The Director of Payer Marketing will be responsible for executing specific promotional activities & tactics, managing supporting efforts around payer marketing including account and field-based market access training. These efforts will include a need to coordinate cross functionally with the Market Access, US Marketing, Sales, Regulatory, Legal, and external customers. He/she will be responsible for leading the payer marketing strategy, business planning and execution of programs and tactics, facilitating vendor contracts and overseeing the payer marketing project budget. He/she will lead the development and promotional review process for key tactics and programs and ensure alignment with overall market access and commercial strategy.
The candidate must be able to operate in a fast paced organization, with high expectations and accountability on quality and timing of the deliverables. This is an excellent opportunity to join a high performing team committed to making a difference for the betterment of patients.
- Highly motivated and detail oriented
- Develop programs and tactics to attain strategic objectives in all areas of payer marketing
- Manage internal and external business partners, vendor contracts, and project budgets
- Oversee and manage creation and implementation of field pieces and programs, coordinate with brand leads, and meet needs of field-based sales representatives and field-based market access teams
- Assist in planning and development of access and reimbursement content for patient support programs and field based teams
- Ensure company values are met on a consistent basis
- Work closely with other departments and compliance legal departments to ensure all training responsibilities, policies, and procedures are met
- Strong verbal and writing skills
- Proficient at Word, Powerpoint, and Excel
- Planning and time management; ability to manage multiple projects
- Prior marketing a plus
- Strategic thinking
- Position will have one or more direct reports
- Position will require ability to influence, direct, and manage cross-functional partners
- Position will report to ED Market Access
- Experience working in pharmaceutical industry is required
- Must have previous experience in marketing, market access, and/or payer marketing role
- 7+ years of relevant experience with increasing job responsibilities
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent required; Scientific degree, MBA or other advanced degree is a plus
- Direct people management experience
- Evidence of strong marketing skills, project planning and organizational skills required
- Strong communication and leadership skills
- Ability to collaborate effectively across stakeholders to set direction, align work efforts, and ensure outstanding execution
- Ability to effectively manage multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled