Scientist/Senior Scientist Antibody Engineering
SystImmune, is a fast-growing antibody therapeutics company located in Redmond, Washington, and we are seeking a highly-motivated scientist to support our antibody discovery and engineering efforts. The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding and experience with early-stage drug discovery as it pertains to antibodies and antibody-based biotherapeutics, especially multi-specific and ADC platforms. The candidate must show a meticulous level of detail with the ability to generate timely results with a high degree of accuracy and reproducibility. Priorities will revolve around timeline driven assessment of new therapeutic targets, reagent proteins and proof-of-concept molecules.
- Position requires expertise in molecular biology and protein biochemistry to design, construct, express and characterize antibody-based biotherapeutics and reagent proteins.
- Isolate, sequence, and clone antibody variable region domain genes from rabbit, mouse, or human B cells
- Humanization of antibody variable region genes
- Execute cloning of recombinant antibody and protein expression constructs
- Perform small-scale Fab and IgG expression and purification
- Perform antibody characterization using biolayer interferometry (Octet), ELISA, FACS, SDS-PAGE and Western blot.
- Maintain a current understanding of applicable technologies for ADC and bispecific proteins.
- Analyze, interpret, and document experiments.
- Present results within a multi-disciplinary team environment.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Exceptional level of organization.
- Comfortable working in a fast paced, highly collaborative, dynamic work environment.
- Ability to think creatively and solve problems.
- PhD with 5+ years, or a MSc. with 8+ years, or a BSc. with 10+ years of experience in a relevant field in the biotechnology sector.
- Deep understanding of antibody structure and biology is required.
- Extensive experience with PCR methods, cloning and other common molecular biology techniques is required.
- Experience with surface plasmon resonance or biolayer interferometry strongly preferred.
- Strong skills in structural biology and rational design preferred, but not required.
- Experience with multiple protein expression systems a plus.
- Demonstrate strong organizational and sample-tracking skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team.
- Previous project management experience is a plus.
- Experience with Microsoft Office, GraphPad Prism, Tableau and JMP a plus.
Interested applicants should send their CV and cover letter to email@example.com