Total Rewards Manager
Santen is a specialized pharmaceutical company focused exclusively on ophthalmology in global markets around the world with more than 3,500 employees and sales in approximately 60 countries. Santen Inc., located in Emeryville, CA, contributes important ophthalmic research and development efforts worldwide and is home to our regional business teams. This office currently employs about 140 people and will grow by 50%+ in the near future.
With the passionate support of our Japanese parent company and its 125-year heritage, Santen is pursuing intellectually-challenging and stimulating work to deliver game-changing therapies that make hope a reality for people facing vision impairment and loss.
We are driven by and committed to our mission: Delivering Vision, Every Day. Additionally, our Corporate Strategy Policy for FY18-FY20 has provided essential focus for new commercialization efforts that will be fueled through an unprecedented increase in marketing investment and talent acquisition across Marketing, Sales, and R&D teams.
We are in search of top talent to help us meet our aggressive and important goals.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
This is an exciting opportunity to help bolster the processes, polices and systems that help to make Santen a great place to work. This role will have a direct impact on our ability to successfully and efficiently grow the company. We are looking for a self-starter that will be responsible for Santen's Total Rewards. The ideal candidate is a creative problem solver, enjoys a challenge and is passionate about building HR rewards programs aligned with Santen's values and mission.
You will have the opportunity to improve and implement new processes and policies. You will interact with teams from Japan and around the world to drive change. The Manager, Total Rewards is responsible for compensation strategy and administration, benefits design and administration, and compensation and benefits-related processes and policies.
All members of the Santen HR team also take responsibility for leading or participating in projects that span across client groups and specialist functions.
MAJOR DUTIES OF POSITION:
- Manage and advise on Santen's compensation philosophy and benefits package to maximize our investment and deliver on what our employees value the most
- Ensure salary structures are competitive and aligned with company goals; evaluate jobs for placement in salary structure to ensure internal equity and market competitiveness
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, local and international compensation laws and regulations
- Collaborate with and provide internal consulting to HR staff and organizational leaders.
- Partner with Finance, Legal, and Global HR teams to administer short and long-term incentive programs
- Lead the merit and promotion cycle; coordinate all associated communications
- Participate in global HR processes including strategic compensation review, design, planning and implementation
- Represent Santen Inc in global HR compensation concerns
- Coordinate the management, administration and communication of the company's benefits program, including bench-marking and review of plan features
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- Subject Matter Expertise (compensation and benefits, rewards strategy)
- Excellent Communicator
- Change Management Expert
- Creative and Innovative Problem Solver
- Consulting and Coaching Skills
- Adaptable and Persistent
- Project Management
- Bachelor's Degree required and CCP, CBP or PHR a plus
- Minimum of 6 years of experience with TR
- Experience managing project teams and external vendors
- Experience and proven ability in plan design and administration of compensation planning and design, benefits, pay administration, expat management, and relocation
- Hay Job Evaluation Methodology preferred
- Expert in HR Principles and strong foundation in federal, California and other state employment laws and regulations
- Experience in process improvement and change management
For more information about our company and the work experience, please visit www.santenusa.com