BTS Infrastructure Manager - WAN and Application Optimization Services
The IT Infrastructure Manager - WAN and Application Optimization Services is responsible for the enterprise-level architecture, design and implementation for all wide area network data services and application optimization technology globally. This position is accountable to deliver best in class, highly available, scalable, optimized and performing network services that allow for the effective use of applications and efficient movement of data to enable AbbVie to make a remarkable impact on people's lives.
Key Responsibilities Includes:
- In addition to broad AbbVie management responsibilities, additional responsibilities specific to this role are
- Engagement and thought leadership in the development of mission, vision, goals and strategy to deliver services globally: 70+ countries, 130+ site
- SDWAN roadmap and implementation strategy for data services globally.
- Provides consulting services to other internal application and infrastructure teams to ensure successful application suite integration for bandwidth requirements and QOS expectations on the network.
- Expected to maintain currency with new and emerging technologies and governs the broader team in researching, testing, proposing, and implementing WAN and application optimization solutions that meet or exceed the objectives and expectations of the business.
- Digital Workplace Transformation strategy and thought leadership with regards to impact on the global AbbVie network.
- Owns and drives managed services, vendor and carrier management to deliver the highest WAN and application optimization operational support and user experience possible.
- Participation in the development of multi-million dollar RFI's and RFP's for managed services, WAN and application optimization services and support.
- Leads a team of 6-10 FTE and/or contractors and heavily interacts with managed service providers on a weekly/daily basis.
- Expected to develop, manage and forecast a budget in excess of $25MM+ annually with frequent accountability and reporting to senior and executive leadership.
- Develops and maintains strong relationships with peer leaders in Security, Border Networks, LAN, Operations, Project Management Office and BTO's to ensure all demand is managed, requirements are met, delivery is consistent and operational transition is fluid.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent, preferably in a network engineering discipline.
- Required: 15+ years proven track record of successful leadership and budget experience in relevant networking position.
- Required: Ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Required: Demonstrated effective leadership.
- Required: Demonstrated ability to coordinate cross-functional works teams toward task completion.
- Required: Advanced written and verbal communication skills.
- Required: Strong operational and problem resolution skills.
- Preferred: Experience working in regulated industries (such as Pharmaceuticals or Finance) highly desirable.
- Preferred: Experience with Wide Area Network topologies, NaaS, protocols, software defined capabilities and optimization appliances and services to deliver enterprise, business critical applications. Vendors may include but are not limited to:
o Cisco (Viptela) - router and networking hardware and software.
o Riverbed - optimization solutions for wide area networks
o AT&T, NTT, CT, Level 3, etc. - Global carrier providing data and voice services
o F5 - application load balancing and performance services
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled