Sr Associate, AR Regulatory Reporting
Amgen is seeking an AR Regulatory Reporting, Senior Associate, and will report to the Senior Manager, Finance. The Manager will be based in Tampa, FL, at Amgen's new Capability Center. At Amgen, our mission is simple: to serve patients.
Our new Tampa Capability Center provides essential services that enable us to better pursue this mission. This state-of-the art center serves as a base for finance, information systems, and human resources professionals to make a meaningful impact at one of the world's leading biotechnology companies.
- Prepare, review and complete tax filings for AP payments for US, Canada and Puerto Rico
- Prepare, file and distribute AP tax forms for US, Canada and Puerto Rico (1099, 1042, T4R-NRPR480, 592)
- Complete review, assessment and remittance of withholding from payments made to third-party suppliers to ensure compliance with various regulatory requirements including tax filings for forms (1099, 1042, T4R-NR, PR480, 592)
- Work with Accounts Payable Leads to improve processes to remove additional manual corrections for withholding and tax payments from Accounts Payable disbursements
- Assist in resolving issues with vendor master data quality impacting withholding and reporting set-up
- Execute and sustain the Unclaimed Property filings and process. Perform due diligence reporting set-up
- Execute tax levy notices
- Work with appropriate government agencies to respond to queries and audits of AP tax filings and forms
- Validate tax forms for completeness and accuracy and work with suppliers for corrections
- Assist in associated accounts reconciliation
- Assist in the day-to-day internal and external inquiries related to withholding and reporting to required government agencies
Bachelor's degree with 2 years of Finance or Accounting experience
Associate's degree and 6 years of Finance or Accounting experience
High School diploma/GED and 8 years Finance or Accounting experience
- Bachelor's degree with concentration in Accounting or Finance
- 2 years relevant experience
- Advanced Excel or Microsoft Office Experience
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills including familiarity with finance and accounting terms
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to communicate and collaborate cross-functionally in an organization
- Detailed oriented and highly motivated
- Proven ability to work effectively in in ambiguous situations and team environment
- Ability to manage multiple tasks concurrently under time
Amgen is committed to unlocking the potential of biology for patients suffering from serious illnesses by discovering, developing, manufacturing and delivering innovative human therapeutics. This approach begins by using tools like advanced human genetics to unravel the complexities of disease and understand the fundamentals of human biology.
Amgen focuses on areas of high unmet medical need and leverages its expertise to strive for solutions that improve health outcomes and dramatically improve people's lives. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, Amgen has grown to be one of the world's leading independent biotechnology companies, has reached millions of patients around the world and is developing a pipeline of medicines with breakaway potential.
The invaluable contributions of our talented Tampa team will help us develop the vital and innovative medicines that treat serious illness and unmet medical needs around the globe.