Associate Director, Analytics
Pharmacyclics is committed to the development and commercialization of novel therapies intended to improve the quality and duration of life and to resolve serious unmet medical needs for cancer patients. Pharmacyclics is a wholly-owned subsidiary of AbbVie (NYSE:ABBV), a global, research-based biopharmaceutical company. Oncology is a key therapeutic area for AbbVie, with a portfolio consisting of three marketed products and a pipeline containing multiple promising new molecules that are being studied in more than 200 clinical trials for over 20 different types of cancer.
More than 1,200 Pharmacyclics and AbbVie research scientists, clinicians, marketing, operations and corporate professionals work in the San Francisco Bay Area. They combine their expertise in immuno-oncology, stem cells, and cell-signaling with their knowledge of bispecific antibodies, antibody-drug conjugates (ADCs), and covalent-inhibitor technologies to discover and develop novel cancer treatments. Together, we are striving to outsmart cancer.
General Position Summary/Purpose:
The Associate Director of Analytics and Operations reports directly to the Sr Director, IT and is responsible for planning and directing all aspects of the Analytics and technical infrastructure to deliver on business priorities for the Commercial and R&D Organizations. This involves management of the Sales/Commercial, R&D Data Management and Analytics functions. The Associate Director will set the strategy and technology needs of the group and work closely with his/her team, Sales Operations, Marketing, R&D, other IT resources and our partner Business functions and Service providers. Oversees the build-out, implementation and maintenance of commercial and R&D Analytics systems in Data Management and Analytics area to ensure scalability and accessibility of applications and services. Familiar and experience with running IT as a business from a strategy, technology, process, finance and people standpoint. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
The ideal candidate is an experienced IT leader familiar with developing the strategy and implementation plan to build the technical infrastructure required to accomplish the business reporting aspects of the Sales/Commercial , R&D Analytics operations for a biopharmaceutical company in a high growth. Position requires strategic leadership, excellent communication and relationship building skills, technical IT experience including the use of Data Management & Analytical platforms and "hands on," tactical experience to that is required to get the job done
Key Accountabilities/Core Job Responsibilities:
- Align IT Analytics Strategy with corporate vision and business systems, especially for Commercial, Sales and Marketing, R&D
- Responsible for timely delivery of project initiatives achieved through experience-driven vision and planning skills and effective external vendor management.
- Defines functional requirements and works closely with senior management in Commercial, Sales and Marketing, R&D to translate them into actionable plans for short and long-term Implementation.
- Works collaboratively with IT and Commercial, R&D Organization to define metrics that drive strategies to achieve business objectives
- Establishes and fosters relationships with business stakeholders and service providers
- Application and reporting development
- Works to continuously improve effectiveness, efficiency and customer satisfaction (internal and external customers)
- Ensure corporate governance is included with business process via IT
- Guide and assist in documentation of IT policy requirements
- Ensure integration of commercial systems relative to CFR 21 Part 11, HIPPA, Sunshine Act and SOX adhere to outlined business requirements
- Develop the IT and Operations team to maintain and modify systems in Data Management and Analytical group with the support of a 3rd party vendor as required; ensure team members are fully trained and understand the system dynamics and capabilities.
- Strong focus and experience on Analytics & Information Management
- Develop, track, and control the IT annual operating and capital budgets.
- Keep current with trends and issues in the IT industry, including current technologies and prices for Commercial, Sales, and Marketing. Advise, counsel, and educate executives and management on their competitive or financial impact.
- Act as an advocate for the organization's IT vision via regular written and in-person communications with the organization's executives, department heads, and end users as it relates to Commercial IT
- Assess and communicate the value and risks associated with IT investments.
- Develop business case justifications and cost/benefit analyses for IT spending and initiatives.
- Coordinate and facilitate consultation with stakeholders to define business and systems requirements for new technology implementations.
- Strong people management and coaching skills are a must
Qualifications, Experience and Education Requirements (degree, certifications, etc.): Include must have and preferred
- 12+ years of relevant industry experience, including 5+ years in a leadership role.
- Strongly preferred Biopharmaceutical company experience in fast-growing, biopharma company; commercial IT/data infrastructure background required.
- Bachelor's Degree or an equivalent level of education and experience.
- Successful track record of IT leadership, execution and delivery. Experience leading IT applications groups in applying innovative IT solutions in support of the business.
- Management experience in IT and Data Warehouse/Reporting. Experience with the following applications is a big plus: Salesforce.com/Veeva, Informatica, Mobile (ipad...), Reporting tools (Tableau, Business Objects, Spotfire)
- Proven experience in building out, training and leading an IT team; management experience with highly skilled IT individuals.
- A thorough understanding of technologies required for corporate and cloud based networks.
- The individual must be a self-driven, motivated IT leader with strong analytical and problem solving skills, and leadership/executive presence.
- Can work very independently, collaboratively and possess the ability to interact and interface with all levels of management.
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written); effective in interaction with executive management
- Must be a self-starter and have excellent judgment and problem solving skills
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled